Talk

Advanced search

Fear of dying

(4 Posts)
Slippersmum Mon 15-Jun-15 07:36:55

Do anyone else's dcs become anxious about death? I remember as a child coming to the realisation that I was going to die and feeling frightened. One of my dcs is starting to comprehend this and finds it very scary. Has anyone else dealt with this? How did you support etc?

Gymbob Mon 15-Jun-15 20:30:57

Hi slip, sorry mine haven't had this phase, but I remember very clearly that I had it around 14 or 15. I turned hypochondriac with it, and thought I was having a heart attack on more than one occasion, I also thought I had every cancer going and even went to the doctor for it. it wasn't a good phase.

hugs, and hope it soon passes.

BTW, can you make sure she's not googling ailments as she will frighten the shit out of herself.

Gymbob Mon 15-Jun-15 20:34:11

sorry slip, have re read, and firstly you didn't mention gender, sorry for the assumption. also, you clearly didn't mean imminent death, which was my teen anxiety.

hope someone of more use comes along soon blush

Slippersmum Wed 17-Jun-15 19:05:21

Thanks for replies and it's my dd. she has started having panic attacks which is really horrible! I think a lot of people go through this don't they but don't seem to talk about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now