Talk

Advanced search

Tiny bumps on my DD's forehead

(8 Posts)
nada29 Wed 20-May-15 22:41:06

My beautiful DD has been suffering from these bumps for almost two years. There are just too many of them on her forehead. They look like pimples but almost never break out. We've been to our GP who prescribed some antibiotics but that hasn't helped. My DD really hoped that she would get rid of them and now is very disappointed.
Does anybody have any suggestion what to do that might help. I'm trying very hard to convince her that these bumps are not so bad but her confidence is really down because of them. Does anybody know any good dermatologist in Kingston or London area? Want to help her but not sure how and it breaks my heart to see her feeling so down.
Thank you in advance.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 20-May-15 22:54:52

could they be milia ?
www.patient.co.uk/health/milia-leaflet completely harmless.
Not fun and v painful but cauterising was the only thing that worked for getting rid of mine .

nada29 Wed 20-May-15 23:17:29

Thanks lastqueenofscotland. I'm not sure but it doesn't look like milia - they are not white. They are just raised bumps with skin colour. Very annoying indeed.

antshouse Thu 21-May-15 14:30:43

My daughter had very mild acne which sounds the same. No redness or infection but wouldn't shift . Scrubs and over the counter products either did nothing or irritated her skin. Make up didn't help because her forehead had a texture that reminded me of semolina from my school lunch days.
One day she told me she had given up on it and was so down that I booked an appointment with our gp.
The doctor was lovely with her , confirmed mild acne ,blocked pores. Probably hormonal and prescribed differin cream every other night as she has sensitive skin. It took a couple of months to clear and she still uses the cream occasionally. She's using a clinique facial brush recently which she thinks helps too.

cathyandclaire Thu 21-May-15 14:42:36

My DD had this but also had quite bad pimples and pustules elsewhere, it was diagnosed as sandpaper acne. I think medications that prevent to sebum blocking the pore help. Some people are helped by topical treatment with salicylic acid (Clearasil pads for example) others need medication form the GP, Retin-A or similar can help.
DD needed Roaccutane, however her skin is now fab. Good luck.

cathyandclaire Thu 21-May-15 14:44:37

Here's a pic of sandpaper acne ( I think this is quite mild).

LokiPokey Thu 21-May-15 15:00:45

Sounds like subclinical acne. I had it myself for years.
I started using La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO[+] moisturiser (as well as double cleansing) and it was gone within weeks.

nada29 Thu 21-May-15 22:07:29

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, it does look like sandpaper acne. At least, we know now what is called. I'll take her to different GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now