Talk

Advanced search

Prop wear for boys

(7 Posts)
MuttonCadet Tue 19-May-15 07:19:35

Hi,

My DSS is going to his prom in July, he's quite excited but doesn't seem to know much about it (usual teenage boy stuff I think).

I want him to feel comfortable, and have asked him what he wants to wear, but he doesn't seem to know.

He already has a suit, but I'm happy to get him a DJ or slightly more casual "smart" clothes, depending on what is the norm.

Can anyone help? blush

MuttonCadet Tue 19-May-15 07:19:50

Should have been prom blush

Mumblechum1 Tue 19-May-15 07:41:51

At DS's Y11 and Y13 proms he wore hired DJs, as did most of the boys, although a fair proportion wore suits and ties.

I bought him a DJ in the first year of Uni as it works out cheaper than hiring if they have a lot of formal dinners etc

Leeds2 Tue 19-May-15 13:51:18

Could you have a look on the school's website, and see from last year's prom photos what they were wearing? At DD's, the boys all wore DJs.

SecretSquirrels Tue 19-May-15 15:47:10

Neither of mine wore DJs, there were some who did but by no means all.
DS1 wore a grey fashion suit from Next. Lovely but never worn again.
DS2 wore a black suit (not DJ) with red waistcoat and dress shirt. He has worn the suit a lot since but has now outgrown it.
The boys all dressed very smartly but not all the same.

deedee33 Tue 19-May-15 16:58:56

Yes have a look at what they wore last year. My DS' school last year, more in smart suits rather than DJs, though a mix. Mine had a lovely 3-piece suit from Next and a glossy silk tie chosen by his little sis. He looked gorgeous, I think the trs and jacket may come in useful again - or maybe not (he's no taller but getting more muscular) - but bet we'll spend more on DD when its her turn anyway, so not too fussed

MuttonCadet Tue 19-May-15 20:29:10

Thank you all, I'll check put the school website thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now