Talk

Advanced search

16 year old staying out

(7 Posts)
Fredandbob Tue 05-May-15 10:48:44

I have a 16 year old son who this last month or two has taken to staying out all night perhaps for 2 to 3 nights at a time. He says he stays with his girlfriend and her family which I believe. He gets very embarrased if I ask any questions about girls (always has) so I do not know his girlfriends name or the exact address of where she lives, only the town. I do trust my son but of course you worry and what I would like to know from other mums is do you think I should be doing anything else or just let him be. He says he's fine and I shouldn't worry about him but of course you do. He looks healthy and happy.

MyballsareSandy Tue 05-May-15 10:50:19

Too young for you to not know exactly where he is, who he is with and what he is doing IMO.

MyballsareSandy Tue 05-May-15 10:50:48

Is he in year 11?

Fredandbob Tue 05-May-15 10:53:26

No he finished school last June. He rides a moped and has a job.

pigwitch Tue 05-May-15 10:55:55

Too young to be doing that imo. I realise he has a job but he isn't legally an adult and you still have responsibility of him. I'd sit him down and have a frank talk with him. At the very least you need to have an address of where he is.

Madlizzy Tue 05-May-15 10:57:01

At his age, he should be letting you know where he is and I'd want to meet the girlfriend too. Common courtesy.

chocoluvva Tue 05-May-15 12:40:52

I agree that it's a matter of courtesy to give you a contact number at the very least. After all that's what adults who share a home do. And he should let you know if he's not coming home. What if there was an emergency and you couldn't get in touch with him?

Also, you have no idea if his gfs' parents are happy with him staying over for 2 or 3 nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now