Advanced search

let my daughter 16 date 18 year old

(9 Posts)
autumnhope29 Tue 17-Feb-15 17:24:03

should i let my daughter 16 date an 18 year old ? is that to much of a gap or is it fine . i know the boy he is nice and treats her well and they seem to be in love

AnyFucker Tue 17-Feb-15 17:26:30

I am not sure you could actually stop her without locking her up Rapunzel-stylee

But I don't think a 2 year gap is at all a problem here, especially if he is a nice lad

does she take her GCSE's this time ? ....I would be laying down some conditions around that (how much time she spends studying etc) , but not trying to control anything else

autumnhope29 Tue 17-Feb-15 17:31:08

her boyfriend is very supportive of her GCSE's and says himself that she has to study and they have worked out days to see each other like weekend and tuesday nights etc

AnyFucker Tue 17-Feb-15 17:32:46

sounds good to me

disneymum3 Tue 17-Feb-15 17:35:33

Sounds ok to me. I started dating DH when I was 16, he was 23.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 17-Feb-15 17:35:46

Sounds absolutely fine to me. You like him and from what you say, he seems like a very nice lad. Two years is not much of an age gap.

If you should object to a lovely boy, think who might come along next. Your daughter might take a rebellious stance.

Your daughter sounds sensible and responsible, so trust her (and him). smile

Onlyonamonday Tue 17-Feb-15 17:37:49

I have two teenage dds
This sounds fine to me.
Not sure you could stop it anyway?

sinningsaint Wed 18-Feb-15 12:37:42

My 17 year old DD is with a 21 year old boy, at first I was worried about the age gap (4 1/2 years) but he really has his head screwed on now (bad upbringing, no qualifications) and since they have been together her grades at school have improved because he doesn't want her to make the same mistakes as he did, as he is now having to work much harder now to get somewhere with his life.

Mrsjayy Wed 18-Feb-15 16:58:00

Dd started going out with her boyfriend who is 2 and a bit years older when she was 16 they have been together 5 years its fine it was fine her school work didn't suffer its not that big a gap I am not sure you can allow it at 16 anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now