Advanced search

Spots anyone

(8 Posts)
gohaze Tue 27-Jan-15 20:58:06

Sorry if this is boring but need advice on behalf of ds who at 13 has developed some sizeable spots on his forehead. I expected it, but need advice in what's the best thing for every day spots? He doesn't have many but as he has a rough time in school anyway I don't want it to get any harder. In my day there was clearisil so that'll show you how out of date I am!
Thanks in advance.

sunnyfrostyday Tue 27-Jan-15 21:06:48

My 11 year old ds suddenly started getting spots about a month ago.

I just bought him a load of cheap flannels, very basic facewash (the Waitrose Pure range), and nice shampoo. He's washing his face with the flannel in the morning, shower and hairwash each evening.

The spots went in less than a week.

littlelime Tue 27-Jan-15 21:07:57

This is designed for acne, however i use it whenever I get the odd spot. Personally I start to see a difference in a few hours.

sunnyfrostyday Tue 27-Jan-15 21:08:31

Meant to say - DH said he spent years trying different stuff before he realised it was mainly a question of hygiene!

gohaze Tue 27-Jan-15 21:12:25

Thanks, brill. He does shower each day so will just make sure he's washing what he's meant to. Thanks for link too, will check it out

Travelledtheworld Wed 28-Jan-15 06:38:49

My DS 15 has spots all round his hairline and 'tash, mainly because he will not wash his face properly. He even showers without washing his face.

I am a great fan of face wash and hot water.

FriendlyLadybird Wed 28-Jan-15 11:02:01

Simple Soap and I swear by Buf Puf (the gentle one). You can order it on Amazon -- doesn't seem to be in UK shops any more and I don't know why, because it was genius in clearing up my really quite bad spots as a teen.

gohaze Wed 28-Jan-15 17:49:29

Ah friendly ladybird. Someone of an age that remembers the good old buff our, I'd forgotten all about it. Thanks for that, I thought I was too old for all this spotty bother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now