Advanced search

Showerphobe dd?

(3 Posts)
Deckthehallswithdesperation Mon 26-Jan-15 21:36:35

Went to a school meeting tonight & it brought it home to me just how bad a greasy oik my beloved dd (17.5) is. Whilst I applaud her not feeling pressured over her appearance, she's so far in the other direction it's embarrassing. I practically have to cattle-prod her into the shower amidst much verbal protest. At very best, she showers once a week, if we're lucky & she naturally has very oily hair. She can manage to put a flannel around her face in the morning so that's ok but she only showers under duress after enormous procrastination. She has a boyfriend who doesn't seem to mind, so I can't dangle that carrot in front of her. I just don't know what to do. We've tried all the usual nice bathroom products etc. Her hair is disgusting. This is nothing new, she's always been this way but I think it's about time she cleaned up a bit for the sake of her own presentation, she'll be out in the real world soon enough. She just doesn't give a sh1t. What can I do?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 26-Jan-15 21:39:29

It's a bit late now grin

Do you only have a shower? Any chance she'd prefer an evening bath?

Deckthehallswithdesperation Mon 26-Jan-15 21:41:46

Our shower is over the bath but she's not interested in either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now