Advanced search

boarding your DC for sixth form?

(1 Post)
MrsJackAubrey Sun 18-Jan-15 21:43:18

My DS will be in his final year of sixth form next september and has asked to go to a College which Boards, in Cambridge, for that last year.

Has anyone sent their child to such a place? It's the Cambridge Centre for Sixth Form Studies.

He says he hates being at home but my DH and I have no idea why. We talk to him alot; he's very dark in his moods, doesn't make friends or keep those he does make; and struggles with growing up, being responsible for anything etc. He has done well at school but struggles to work at home.

We could afford the fees - although it would be hard, we could do it, and I'd hate to not send him, if it was going to help him.

I can't work out whether this is a 'boot camp' or a place for 'posh-nobs' or a place for dysfunctional kids? Mind you the former or latter may well be what is called for, to be honest. I am at my wits' end with what to do to help my DS feel proud about himself and therefore less hostile and sneering about everyone else. He is a perfectly good lad in many ways, just lazy and underachieving. I could say more but don't want to bore everyone rigid when what I would most like is to hear from anyone with any advice or experience to share.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now