Talk

Advanced search

As exams approach, behaviour gets worse

(4 Posts)
minifingers Mon 12-Jan-15 16:44:07

DD is in year 11. The culmination of 4 years of her disrupting lessons, spending lots of time in internal exclusion, not doing homework or properly completing coursework assignments is fast approaching.

I just want the next few months to be over. :-(

External exams are hideous for those families with children like dd who will not work and who create havoc the minute anyone puts pressure on them to do something they don't feel like doing..

Mumteadumpty Mon 12-Jan-15 17:26:46

I feel your pain, but have no useful advice apart from hanging on as the end is in sight. I am a year behind you, but in the same boat.

Heyho111 Mon 12-Jan-15 23:16:34

Gcse's come at the same time as hormones and for some the combination is dreadful. Mix that in with disliking studying, the effect of pressure and the fact their brain is telling them to be independant and not confirm is disastrous. She has these effects worse than other teens.
It may be she would be better off getting a little job after exams. This could make her feel useful and have a purpose. Development educationally could come through nvq,s in work etc.
it's awful watching them battle against everyone. You must be on your knees with it.

minifingers Mon 12-Jan-15 23:51:18

4 years of it.

Bored now. Just want it to stop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: