Talk

Advanced search

A vent on arsey teenager...are they all like this?!

(13 Posts)
febel Fri 09-Jan-15 16:09:01

My 17 yr old YD is a trial to me at times...as some of you may know, and a worry. Today she has been VILE....to put into context I am on crutches so a bit difficult to get about (injured leg..supposed to be resting it..ofcourse doctor...I will do my best) House is a compost pit but am shutting my eyes to it, no help from YD and resents it if I even ask her to carry my laptop downstairs. Oh, I tell a lie..she walked the dog this morning for 20 minutes ...but as part of her weight and exercise plan cos she has decided she is overweight and has just spent the last 20 minutes yelling at me and telling me it's all MY fault she is overweight as we don't have any scales in the house (I don't like them as at one point , prob at her age, I got very obsessed with my weight and don't want to get like it again..I stay a 10/12 by sensible eating and exercise and judge it on if my clothes fit or I look ok-ish) So...it's my fault she has been eating chocolate and cake and crisps every day for the past month (I did advise her not to) and MY fault that when I got in yesterday she had heated up and eaten marshmallows.

You know what,

TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY, SOMETIMES IT’S NOT MY FAULT…….. IT’S YOURS!!

It's YOUR fault your assignment was in late cos YOU forgot to do it (despite me asking you if you had any work to do)

It's YOUR fault if you are late because YOU were disorganised

It's YOUR fault if you don't have something clean to wear because it never made it to the washbasket

It's YOUR fault if you are not liked by your siblings for your shouting, horrible, namecalling behaviour toward them and your short fuse....just because you don't get to do exactly as you want, or they have a go at you for the way you bully and shout at ME

And finally...it's YOUR fault dear YD that you are not insured on dad's car yet because you haven't passed your test and your dad doesn't think you will listen to him or will lose your temper at the wheel when he advises you on something...cos that's the way you keep behaving at home.

chocoluvva Fri 09-Jan-15 16:20:09

I understand completely.

My suggested coping strategies are: wine, vodka, chocolate, ignoring her until she's 20, two weeks in the Seychelles, sending her to her gps till she's 20.

Hope your leg gets better very soon.

3catsandcounting Fri 09-Jan-15 18:45:32

Go Febel!!!! I might just print off your rant, enlarge it to A3 and stick it on DD17s bedroom door. I couldn't have put it better myself!

usualsuspect333 Fri 09-Jan-15 18:49:43

No they are not all like this.

usualsuspect333 Fri 09-Jan-15 18:51:06

What does YD mean?

birdonaroof Fri 09-Jan-15 18:57:03

Hope you feel better for getting it off your chest Febel. I felt every YOUR/YOU - you said.

Roll on the time when our kids have kids! Pay back time!

jellybeans Fri 09-Jan-15 19:01:02

I have 2 DDs, one is worse than described and one is quite easy but has her moments!! Luck really!

chocoluvva Fri 09-Jan-15 19:34:48

I reckon most or at least many teenagers are like this.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 09-Jan-15 19:36:45

Headphones/ignoring

I've grounded one today for stealing and eating food

febel Sat 10-Jan-15 18:26:07

Yes I DO feel better for getting it off my chest...it does help!! Along with the wine... :-)

usualsuspect333...YD stands for younger daughter..and sorry but you do sound a little smug.....but good for you if yours help around the house and are little angels.......I applaud you, hope you realise how lucky you are. My middle daughter is a great help, and company , never a moments trouble from her, now 21, likewise the eldest......but my youngest is a different kettle of fish.....so from my point of view it's nature NOT nurture for sure!!! (and possibly the influence of friends and internet have a hand!)

smileyforest Sat 10-Jan-15 18:29:46

Agree febel...2 teenage boys here..nightmare at times..two adult children...lovely now!!

SauvignonBlanche Sat 10-Jan-15 18:33:31

My DD (14) is vile at the moment, if she's still like this at 17 there's no way we'll both still be alive.

Skatingfastonthinice Sat 10-Jan-15 18:43:09

'So...it's my fault she has been eating chocolate and cake and crisps every day for the past month '

DS (20) has lived on chocolate and christmas junk interspersed with sausage sandwiches and ketchup for the two weeks of Christmas. He then had sickness, intestinal distress and other unsavoury aspects of eating like a prat.
Due to the teenage years of an unsympathetic mother, he is however managing not to blame anyone else for it. grin
DD can be a grumpy PITA as well, especially with her brother.
Fortunately I have headphones and chocolate and a good book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now