Talk

Advanced search

grr- why does teenage dd keep having baths! and they are so full

(11 Posts)
R4roger Mon 05-Jan-15 19:27:34

and she is only in it for a minute <<slight exaggeration>> but if you are going to fill it to the brim you should spend an hour in there!

i wasnt allowed a big bath when I was a teenager. think of the expense.

Bowlersarm Mon 05-Jan-15 19:32:39

To get warm? (My reason). Ask her to put less water in.

BertieBotts Mon 05-Jan-15 19:33:16

Are you on a water meter?

R4roger Mon 05-Jan-15 19:34:53

yes am on a water meter. not only the water but the gas,

and, while I am on the subject, all of my dc think nothign of having baths/showers in the middle of the bloody day! willy nilly, when there is no hot water, unless you physically press the button to heat it! at least 2 out of 3 are back at school. <<breathes>>

ssd Mon 05-Jan-15 19:36:13

at least they are clean grin

R4roger Mon 05-Jan-15 19:37:14

Yes - I spose I can't complain that my DC smell grin,

Artandco Mon 05-Jan-15 19:39:40

Why does your hot water turn off in the day? Isn't that a pain? How do you wash hands or wash anything up?

Surely with several teenagers and your self it's better they spread washing through out the day so you don't all want the bathroom at same time

HoggleHoggle Mon 05-Jan-15 19:41:40

I'm afraid I was quite the fan of a big old bath every evening when I was a teenager. I used to eat ice cream and listen to Celine Dion.

Thank god I grew out of that stage. Mortifying.

R4roger Mon 05-Jan-15 19:42:10

well I guess I could have quite reasonably changed it in the holidays to being on all day, but i didnt.

R4roger Mon 05-Jan-15 19:42:41

shock Celine Dion, what a bad stage that was grin

Travelledtheworld Mon 05-Jan-15 23:23:40

My DD 16 is in the shower several times a day. Always washing her hair and using up all the hot water. Doesn't do a thing to get dirty.....
DS 14 has a long hot bath when he is feeling stressed but can go for days without a shower unless forced.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now