Talk

Advanced search

Just venting.. Sorry long..

(3 Posts)
Fool4u Thu 01-Jan-15 01:20:58

So tonight dd 14 went out for a prearranged meal with bf 15 & his family.No problem about delaying our own NYE celebrations until after we'd picked her up at approx 8.30.. So far, so reasonable. He lIves 30 mins away so I told her we'd need 30 mins notice to get there on time. Horrendously we get a txt from my SIL at 8pm saying FIL has had a freak accident, serious head injury & is being taken to hospital. Youngest DS is severely autistic so would accept nothing but him & his dad going to pick his sister up. DD1has a hissy fit about dad being 5 mins late to pick her up. Since she came home she's been in her room refusing to talk to anyone. DH has been called to the hospital because it's life threatenng. So I'm left waiting for news, which is all I can do. I'm coping with DS7 having a meltdown because he doesn't understand what's happening. Other DS aged 12 has been fantastic, playing on the Wii with autistic DS. Meanwhile dd still continues sulking because her boyfriend has to be with his family & can't talk to her constantly. I know I'm being unreasonable but if a 12 year old can help me out in this horrible situation is it unreasonable to ask her to be adult about it?

Travelledtheworld Fri 02-Jan-15 17:31:21

She is sulking because she is not centre of attention. Ignore her.
Hope your FIL is recovering now. Sounds a stressful NYE for everyone. Take care.

chocoluvva Sat 03-Jan-15 14:44:40

14YOs have no empathy. They are usually completely self-centred. She'll come out of this horrible phase when she's 17ish....

Hope your FIL is making progress. What a horrible NYE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now