Talk

Advanced search

depressed 15 year old son

(4 Posts)
Rosie62 Mon 29-Dec-14 22:41:53

Hi, my son is exhibiting signs of depression and anxiety. He is tired all the time, has suicidal thinking, is worrying about stuff, is apathetic. He has a girlfriend and is worrying about her going off with someone else and becomes quite obsessional in his thinking. Difficulty I have is that I have a history of depression and am giving myself a hard time, blaming myself and feel on the edge of overwhelm. I have to stay clear to help him and not sure where to begin with him. I am wondering if you have any advice/guidance

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 29-Dec-14 22:47:39

Is he willing to ask for/seek help? Get a GP appt ASAP & get the ball rolling before he goes back to school/ college. Poor love it's horrible for them & when yr struggling yourself it's hard to deal with x

anthropology Tue 30-Dec-14 00:56:48

I would agree that its a good idea to approach the GP and ask them to see him and refer him to camhs for support.... Especially with a history of depression in the family monitoring him seems sensible. Not sure how old he is, but some Camhs offer walk ins for 14 year olds and above. Many of us miss signs of depression in our young teens, mistaking it for normal teen behaviour, so being vigilent and cautious from experience, seems like a good thing

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 05-Jan-15 23:14:47

Hi Rosie Hows your boy doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now