(17 Posts)
offtoseethewizard64 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:19:42

just for a drink (not a party) do you insist that your teenagers

a) pop in and say Hi, then disappear again
b) pop in, have a drink and then disappear
c) join you all for the duration
d) not show their faces at all - even if they are at home
or
e) your teenagers are out having a better social life than you so it doesn't arise as they are not at home when your guests are round.

furcoatbigknickers Wed 24-Dec-14 19:26:00

D or E

goinggetstough Wed 24-Dec-14 20:46:16

A or B as they are part of the family and IMO it is polite.

Sparklingbrook Wed 24-Dec-14 20:49:01

a). Although my lovely friend came round today and DS1 (15) not only came down from his room but sat in the living room with us being all chatty and witty. I was all confused and was waiting for him to go back upstairs.

Travelledtheworld Thu 25-Dec-14 01:49:08

A for Ds 14.

Lovely DD 16 let them all in and helped me serve dinner and clear up afterwards, then vanished to her room.

offtoseethewizard64 Thu 25-Dec-14 16:49:05

DS ended up going out with friends for a drink just before guests arrived but came back after a couple of hours and joined us to help relieve us of some of our alcohol.
Has spent whole of today with us including joining in with singing carols when musician friends came around for a drink this am. He is still with us now which is most unusual. He is known as " the creature who lives upstairs" smilesmile

bigTillyMint Thu 25-Dec-14 17:11:09

We are having our annual Boxing Day small party tomorrow. Friends and neighbours invited with their teens/DC.

Our DC will be entertaining the teens/DCfwink

Sparkling, how lovely!fsmile

AuntieStella Thu 25-Dec-14 17:20:27

A/B (or E)

bigTillyMint Thu 25-Dec-14 17:23:08

Yes, if it was just our adult friends and in the evening and not Christmas IYSWIM, A/B or E. But D would be fine too!

Onlyonamonday Thu 25-Dec-14 17:25:17

Dds 19& 17 have been around for much of day with dh and gp here
One is now in room the other looking at phone with headphones in ...
Think they've done quite well ..
fwink

MyballsareSandy Fri 26-Dec-14 09:42:05

A or B. I think D is a bit rude.

SecretSquirrels Fri 26-Dec-14 17:21:30

We don't have friends visit but have had relatives today and they came out of their caves for the day. DS1 helped me with dinner while DS2 chatted and served drinks. We all played board games in the afternoon and now the visitors have gone the DC are back in their caves grin.

AtiaoftheJulii Fri 26-Dec-14 17:26:00

I'd expect their presence for relatives, but for my friends, they can do what they want, I wouldn't insist on anything. Mine will usually come and say hello at least because they are nosy!

Maddaddam Fri 26-Dec-14 18:04:19

I don't insist on anything but 14yo and 13yo often join us. They are pretty chatty types.
Also they are constantly hungry lately so are often prowling around in hope of interesting food.

MehsMum Fri 26-Dec-14 18:14:01

A at minimum.
If they want to stay and join in, then fab, but not everyone feels sociable all the time. Will not countenance D (and if E, then, well, E: they're out. No problem).

offtoseethewizard64 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:14:07

We had NDNs in this afternoon for drinks. We don't know them that well as they haven't lived there that long and are both out at work in the week. DS knew they were coming, but I had not told him tht he had to be there. I was amazed to find that he appeared as soon as they did, sat with us in the living room for the entire 2 1/2 hrs they were here, joined in the conversation and then retreated to his room as soon as they went. There was the draw of alcohol which may have secured his presence. fsmile
He may turn out to be sociable yet!

BackforGood Tue 30-Dec-14 19:24:54

ds (18) - probably E
dd1 (16) - probably A
dd2 (13) - C, without a doubt, however hard you tried to get rid of her wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now