Talk

Advanced search

Devastated, now my youngest DS!

(8 Posts)
smileyforest Tue 16-Dec-14 22:10:04

Well, got home from a twelve hour shift to yet more abuse from my youngest DS, he is 16.5y. What the heck have I done to deserve this!! I feel hopeless, devastated, exhausted beyond belief! I had to get my elder son over to take him from the house and to his Dads house, I was in my bedroom just to get out of the way of the constant verbal abuse, all because I refused to buy tobacco, I would not give in, he smokes weed too and I'm certain this is causing these problems..its affecting his education and his ability to apply himself to learning, he is doing A levels but I'm sure he will be thrown off the course.
I have a day off tomorrow, I just want to be with my dog and cat...I don't want to see my son...how very sad is that (((:

ChillySundays Tue 16-Dec-14 22:30:02

Didn't want to ignore you but I don't know what to advise. I can say though that I don't blame you for not wanting to see your son at the moment.

You are right not to buy the tobacco especially if he is smoking weed and this is affecting his a levels. Could your elder son speak to him?

How long ago did you split from his dad. Could that be part of the problem?

I hope that someone comes along who can advise.

feef12 Tue 16-Dec-14 22:36:59

You say 'yet more abuse' - how long has this been going on? It isn't sad just to want some 'me' time - enjoy it if you can...refresh and nurture yourself...we all need it.

feef12 Tue 16-Dec-14 22:37:02

You say 'yet more abuse' - how long has this been going on? It isn't sad just to want some 'me' time - enjoy it if you can...refresh and nurture yourself...we all need it.

BrowersBlues Wed 17-Dec-14 01:38:40

Smiley, you make sure you relax tomorrow. It is entirely understandable that you don't want to see him. It's just bullying behaviour. Let him stay with his father until you get your strength back.

My DD is doing A levels as well and creates havoc at times. Her principal came around to our house and warned her if she continues to slack off she will be expelled. This shocked her even though she pretends it didn't.

Ring the school and tell them what is going on. Both of my children's schools have been very supportive. No joke but if she gets expelled I am asking her to leave and I am renting out my home and renting a one bed apartment for myself. She has just turned 18. This might seem harsh but I need to get into self preservation mode because this is affecting my health.

I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow. Sleep well x

smileyforest Wed 17-Dec-14 06:13:45

PM'd you Bowers x

summer68 Wed 17-Dec-14 23:29:26

I hope you had a restful day today. I can't even think of the right words to say to you- just that I'm thinking of you. So hard that your youngest has chosen a similar route to his brother , without giving you breathing space. Xx

smileyforest Thu 18-Dec-14 22:28:47

Thanks Summer...all quiet here for a while...I really do think its the peer pressure of 'doing weed' .....My youngest son was sporty and motivated...the change has happened...its sad.....Thankfully my adult children are fine and they keep reminding me...'they will come through this'.... really?...not before they have utterly worn me out.....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now