Talk

Advanced search

DD obsessed with 1Direction

(10 Posts)
onedirectionparent Sat 13-Dec-14 17:13:48

hi, hoping someone has survived this and can offer advice (long time browser and been impressed by lots of good advice here). DD is 15 and has loved 1D since they started (was hoping she might have outgrown by now but sadly not yet). She is not at the mad stalker end of the fanbase, is usually a fairly normal teen. She has been twice to see them. This time despite me and OH trying online & phone, we were not able to get tickets. She is now in a major downer - not communicating much with anyone, moody, generally making everyone edgy. Have pointed out that she has been lucky to see them twice, someone else is getting that chance this time, she has lots of other stuff to do, and the usual things about so many people wouldn't get any chances like this. She isn't normally spoiled in attitude, but this one thing is causing so much grief. Any suggestions - do we just ignore, do we try to cheer her up, do we get annoyed at the drama? Just want my normal DD back sad
any help much appreciated... thank you

GoingToBedfordshire Sat 13-Dec-14 17:17:04

I would be sympathetic, agree it is really craps and disappointing when you can't get what you want. Give her some time to be gloomy.

Inkspellme Sun 14-Dec-14 10:30:09

be sympathetic but only for a couple of days imo. after that I would say to her thats enough, you can't change it and you will only make yourself miserable.

one of the things that works with my dd is when I say that we will try certain things to achieve what she wants but that if she sulks or demands too much I won't do those things. if I then try my hardest to get something she wants and we still can't she can't moan or complain then. I think it's fair that she knows I've tried my best and can do no more so there is no point in taking out her frustrations on the person who tried to help.

onedirectionparent Sun 14-Dec-14 13:03:41

thanks, sound sensible. It's not really sulking, she is actually upset - hopefully it will pass!

Gumnast2014 Sun 14-Dec-14 13:34:32

She will defo get them from a tour outside on the night. Not ideal

We got them in Manchester City stadium outside on the night at 3/4 of price and better seats then we would have been able to get

Inkspellme Sun 14-Dec-14 19:30:20

no sorry - sulking wasn't the word that described her really. from your first post upset seemed to fit more.

AugustaGloop Sun 14-Dec-14 19:34:45

Have you tried getmein?

onedirectionparent Sun 14-Dec-14 20:34:07

we could try on the night I suppose, its not till October next year. Just hoping she might grow out it a bit!

divingoffthebalcony Sun 14-Dec-14 20:42:37

Ah, bless her.

If the concert isn't until October though, I'm sure you'll be able to find a ticket. Hopefully for pretty much face value. The market will be saturated with people selling spares nearer the time.

LynetteScavo Sun 14-Dec-14 20:47:43

You'll definitely be able to get tickets on whatever eBay tickets call themselves. Probably at around ticket value.

But at the same time she needs to get over herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now