Talk

Advanced search

Is it common for teens to get sun burn

(11 Posts)
Wecouldbe Sun 07-Dec-14 18:31:59

Or not

FlossyMoo Sun 07-Dec-14 18:33:46

Anybody can get sunburn it is not about age.

18yearstooold Sun 07-Dec-14 18:34:55

One of mine never goes in the sun would spoil the goth look

The other one swears blind she has sun cream on but does go red so probably doesn't

But not at this time of year

Lunastarfish Sun 07-Dec-14 18:35:03

Not in the UK in December it isn't! wink

december12 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:45:17

I'd say it's very common for teens to over-do the sunbathing, be too lazy to apply cream, or too slap dash to do it properly, or simply not realise until it's too late that they should have done it. But, what's this about? As Luna says, not today, not around here anyway!

iwantgin Sun 07-Dec-14 18:57:46

Any one will get sunburn if they are in the sun too long?

Why do you ask OP?

MarmiteMania Sun 07-Dec-14 20:57:38

Girls think it's cool to have a 'tan'- dd 17 is obsessed but hopefully I have made her sufficiently aware of the dangers for her to be sensible his summer with her friends

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 07-Dec-14 20:58:26

why do you ask ?

Travelledtheworld Wed 10-Dec-14 12:27:34

Yep both of mine got sunburned last year because they were too lazy to apply sunscreen. One is quite dark skinned and the other is very fair.

Both have suffered from horrible "hells Itch" which is an allergic reaction to UV light. Insane itching all over the burnt area. They have both learned their lesson now Now and cover up in the sunshine ( or just refuse to go out of the house).

MassaAttack Wed 10-Dec-14 21:57:42

Yes! Assuming they actually go outdoors.

chilephilly Wed 17-Dec-14 06:46:59

Be careful in the sun.
My DH was diagnosed with melanoma.
His dermatologist advised us all to wear factor 50 on all exposed skin all year round.
We're in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now