Talk

Advanced search

15 year old girls travelling g home on train at night

(13 Posts)
tiggypoolobster Tue 02-Dec-14 20:38:53

My DD wants to travel home late from a wembley concert with 2 other friends. Tube + overground back to orpington. Feel very anxious about this . Am I being unreasonable?

TurnOverTheTv Tue 02-Dec-14 20:42:29

I wouldn't let my 15yo and I'm quite slack about stuff like that, I'd pick them up.

PrincessOfChina Tue 02-Dec-14 20:43:12

It's usually very busy so my biggest concern would be they'd get a bit squashed or miss a connection due to delays. It can take ages ime.

Smartiepants79 Tue 02-Dec-14 20:48:51

Would depend a bit on how much travelling they've done in the past. Are they familiar with the tube lines and trains?

TurnOverTheTv Tue 02-Dec-14 20:50:03

I'd just be worrying if it was very late and missed connections/problems with the line etc would they know what to do?

museumum Tue 02-Dec-14 20:50:13

What time? What night if the week? I wouldn't let them on the last tube at the weekend as it can get a bit raucous.

ERlier in the eve and IF they are regular tube users then I might.

tiggypoolobster Tue 02-Dec-14 22:12:50

thanks all
juts broken the news to her that its not on , and another solution ( probably me sitting in wembley arena car park for 4 hours ) will have to be sought

Trills Tue 02-Dec-14 22:17:19

I would IF

1 - they were confident using public transport (depends very much on experience)

2 - there was at least an hour of extra time between the train they would "normally" get for that journey, and the last train

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 04-Dec-14 19:24:12

Can they not get the train there then you pick them up at the end?

EldonAve Thu 04-Dec-14 19:28:33

Depends how late and what day?
Also how street smart/confident they are as a group

Kundry Thu 04-Dec-14 19:28:33

Depends how much travelling they've done. By 15 I'd spent 4 years doing a 45 minute train/bus commute to school and back every day on my own - I'd have been more than pissed off to be told I couldn't travel back from a concert with a friend.

scurryfunge Thu 04-Dec-14 19:32:38

If they stick together and know what to do if trains are delayed, etc then I don't see it as a problem. Are they sensible?

bigTillyMint Thu 04-Dec-14 19:35:14

DD and her 2 mates (from age 14) have travelled back from a few concerts late at night, back by midnightish. Mostly the O2 which is tube and overground home but the last time was Ally Pally - overground, tube then bus IIRC - back at 12.45amshock They were absolutely fine, thankfully.

Does she get public transport to school/to go out at weekends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now