Talk

Advanced search

Teenage daughter a nightmare

(4 Posts)
Nottinghill1 Wed 26-Nov-14 19:44:03

She was seen by another parent smoking and at first denied it when I spoke to her about it. I told and showed her the dangers of smoking. Older children from school get them from the shop. She had the cheek to ask me to get her some from the shop. Her behaviour is also awful and is waiting to be seen by camhs. I'm ashamed at what she has turned into. Up until the age of 13 she really was a delightful child. I'm wishing time away and wish she was no longer living at home. I find her very controlling and I even feel quite scared of her. She was arrested a few weeks ago for hitting me. Just wanted to let off steam as I feel embarrassed to speak to my friends about it.

summer68 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:58:34

Hi Nottinghill, I'm on a post here called "where's my beautiful boy gone" it a good thread for advice and support for nightmare teens.
I've been surprised ( and sadend)to discover that so many lovely decent parents go through a really tough time. You may even find that your friends have had a similar experience.
Please take a look at the post. Hugs to youx

Nottinghill1 Wed 26-Nov-14 21:37:43

Thank you so much,I'll take a look at that!

BrowersBlues Wed 26-Nov-14 23:54:11

Nottinghill, I feel for you so much and know precisely what you are going through. I would also recommend reading 'Where's my beautiful boy gone' if only to make yourself feel less alone. Today I am a bit demoralised and wish I never even had kids but tomorrow I will probably feel a bit different. It helped me to read some books about teenagers but honestly today all the books in the world won't make me feel any better.

Both of my teenagers have hit me and I rang the police who incidentally were amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I haven't needed to ring them again because they haven't lifted a finger to me since. My daughter has just damaged the front door and I am contemplating reporting her for criminal damage.

It is really embarrassing and you feel like a complete failure as a parent but I have found out that the problems we are having with our teenagers are actually quite common.

Keep reading the threads. The threads give me an outlet to admit that I feel like shite and regret having my children. At least the people reading these threads know what I am going through. Tomorrow could be a good day. Despite the overwhelming crap there are actually some good days where I like them and feel positive about the future.

We are most definitely not alone and that gives me a lot of comfort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now