Talk

Advanced search

16 year old daughter left home, can't get in touch with her

(6 Posts)
witsend74 Wed 26-Nov-14 15:46:30

My daughter, who i have bought up on my own since she was 6 months old, with no financial help and no support from her father, left home 5 weeks ago to live with her father after an argument got out of hand. Since then he has done his best to ruin our relationship, has told her lies about what happened when she was young and now neither of them will talk to me or any of my family. She only had about 4 days worth ofclothes and her college stuff. Ive rang/text everyday, waited for her outside college and train station to see if i can speak to her directly but not managed to find her. I'm absolutely at my wits end and need help. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

AdorableAbbie Wed 26-Nov-14 17:36:58

You need someone to ask for help to locate where is your daughter, her father might hiding her from you.

Gunfleetsands Wed 26-Nov-14 18:32:34

Do you have any contact details for your ex partner's wider family (brothers, sisters, parents) or friends. Could you contact one of them and say you just need to know she is ok.

How about her college friends - could you ask one of them to pass on a message to your daughter?

There is always the Police, but I don't know how involved they could be as she is 16. However, they may be able to give you some advice.

You could always ring the Samaritans. They would listen to your situation and possibly give you some advice on who to contact for help in such a situation.

Seriouslyffs Wed 26-Nov-14 19:29:31

When did you last see her?

Seriouslyffs Wed 26-Nov-14 19:34:50

Sorry I have loads of suggestions and that sounded blunt.
College- call them and say that you understand that it might be difficult to discuss details, but should you be worried.
ExH- what details do you have for him. Can you send a card to her via his address?
Friends& Facebook- is her profile blocked to you? Can you see any friends names that you recognise? Who's parents you know and could check with? You can message someone who has blocked you.

Seriouslyffs Wed 26-Nov-14 20:02:18

The college thing was ask them, 'should I be worried?' If she's stopped attending then they will probably be able I tell you let know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now