Talk

Advanced search

My daughter

(4 Posts)
choochoomcgrew Mon 24-Nov-14 14:02:23

We have had a hell of a 6 months.
She is 17 and at college.
But after moving out to her fathers a few months ago, she is finally coming home (after telling me she will never live with me again).
She has finally admitted she needs to see a Dr to help with why she self harms.
I am going very easy on her - just being there for her and helping where I can.
So we have self harming and the feeling that she cant cope with A levels. She is doing 3 but feels she is failing so once we speak to the Dr we can speak to the college - surely dropping to 2 is better than dropping it all.
I am just eager to handle this in the best way I can.
We get on very well but there are personality clashes.

I am so happy she is coming home and I want it to last, I dont want her to throw "well I may as well go and live with dad" at me (she has history for emotional blackmail and playing one parent off the other).

Dont know what I am asking, I just dont want to get this wrong.

I never did finish "Get out of my life....." I think that is what I will spend the afternoon doing before she gets home.

CalicoBlue Mon 24-Nov-14 21:25:17

Good luck, sounds as if you have a challenge ahead. Just keep her close and listen.

Awks Mon 24-Nov-14 21:28:31

Good luck. My best friends daughter said to her last week "I was a bit of a nightmare, wasn't I" --and she's now 17 and was a fucking out of control pain"

So take her everywhere and tell her everything and hope it goes ok xx

Heyho111 Fri 28-Nov-14 22:57:21

Fantastic news that she's coming home.
She's half way there realising she needs you and needs to see her gp.
College / school counsellor might be worth looking at. Waiting list for them is usually very short.
If a levels are too much. Have a think about her doing a BTEC. She will be able to go to uni with it and find it easier to do than a levels. This may help with her confidence difficulties.
But it's having mum hugs that is really help her at the mo. I hope it goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now