Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant 17 year old daughter

(8 Posts)
fifi68 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:12:10

Help- my daughter is pregnant- i am trying to be supportive but i am crying inside- can anyone help me with this thank you xx

Heyho111 Sat 22-Nov-14 18:37:13

Hey. It will be ok. Promise.
At the moment it feels terrible but it's not. She has a mum who loves her and I can tell is there for her.
Whatever she decides to do it will be fine. I'm sending you a big hug.

meandjulio Sat 22-Nov-14 18:39:28

Sounds really tough - am trying to imagine getting this news, you must feel overwhelmed.

Do you have anyone around to support you supporting her - a partner? Sister?

mygrandchildrenrock Sat 22-Nov-14 21:13:14

I had my oldest son many years ago at 16, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. Having a baby young doesn't mean the end of everything, just things happen in a different order.
I'm sure there is much more practical support these days, if your daughter wants to continue with her pregnancy. If you are near a Sure Start Children's Centre, they will be able to help, they work with pregnant teens and young parents.

LaydeeC Sun 30-Nov-14 18:41:03

my sister was pregnant with her first at 17 - he is now 26, has a responsible job, his own home, wife and two children.
My sister, owns two homes, has a wonderfully happy marriage (not the father of her two children) and a senior position earning about £45k.
She is 44 with a very happy family and grandchildren that she is young enough to enjoy!!
She just did things the 'wrong' way round. But it all worked out in the end.
She did, however, have a lot of support from our mum.
Give your daughter your unconditional love and support and this time next year you'll be cuddling a beautiful new baby and will be unable to conceive of a life without him/her in it.

cloudreader Wed 10-Dec-14 21:41:10

Hi I am in the same situation as you are my daughter was 17 when she fell pregnant was 18 a few days ago.She is almost at the end of the beginning now.She is in college and is due to leave this week with only 3 weeks till the baby arrives.I totally get where you are at but i have had practical support friends to prop and mop
.As a family we know who are friends really are now and who likes a little drama to brighten their sad little lives.
We are so proud of our daughter she still has plans for university and is still with the babys father (but they were keepers before this).At the end of the day it is what it is and I dont mean to sound flippant in any way.I have had nights when I have cried for what could have been.Whatever has happened it is not your fault no reflection on you,nothing you did wrong as a parent I am sure you have been over this.Your daughter like mine was just unlucky enough to get caught.Just be support.Make sure though this doesnt become your everything take time for yourself.Message me anytime you like for a rant a chat anything.x

comedancing Thu 11-Dec-14 08:40:05

My D's and his then gf had a baby when she was very young. After the initial shock both families just totally supported them in every way. Their dd is now 4..the amount of joy she has brought to us all..her mom went to college ...took her own house supported by government payments and she is a wonderful mom. She stayed in touch with her school friends who are often in the house when l call in. My D's is involved of course but l have my own grandma time..l babysit ..visit etc. Encourage your dd to keep everyone on board as the more help the better. We have financially supported our grand child but not to a massive amount. What lm saying is this is not the nightmare we thought at first...turn it into a joy as this little one only has this once chance to be welcomed into the world and it will be OK. Support and love your dd but you don't need to do everything..she will rise to the situation..strongly encourage her to continue in education...but this does not need to be worked out now. Try and keep the dads family on board as they will be important as time goes on.

MissMarplesBloomers Thu 11-Dec-14 08:46:04

What a shock, what does SHE want to do? Is the father around &/ or likely to be supportive?

<<hugs>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now