Talk

Advanced search

Dd ate an entire cake

(18 Posts)
18yearstooold Sun 09-Nov-14 23:00:17

I made a 10 inch cake yesterday

Went to ice it tonight and its gone

She's eaten the whole bloody thing

I'm having problems with her at the moment -waiting for a camhs referral -but this is a new one on me

I don't even know how to address it with her other than obviously never make cake again what do I do?

Travelledtheworld Sun 09-Nov-14 23:21:56

Sponge or fruit ?

18yearstooold Sun 09-Nov-14 23:22:40

Angel

thornrose Sun 09-Nov-14 23:23:26

Has she got issues with binge eating or comfort eating?

18yearstooold Sun 09-Nov-14 23:25:22

She has issues with only eating beige food

Ledkr Sun 09-Nov-14 23:26:53

My 13 yr old can be very greedy. Steals from the baby, sneaky bad unfair with food etc. greedy guts they are.

BoffinMum Sun 09-Nov-14 23:30:55

I'd tell her off and say she needs to ask in future in case food is needed for something else. Then I would make a cake with her next week and sit down to eat a slice each together at the table, all civilised.

18yearstooold Sun 09-Nov-14 23:33:49

She normally does ask so to go from asking permission to scoffing an entire cake is worrying me

Ledkr Sun 09-Nov-14 23:36:57

Yes that does seem extreme.
Are you thinking eating problem or just defiance?
Was she especially hungry? Due on her period?

thornrose Sun 09-Nov-14 23:38:17

What's the CAMHS referral for?

18yearstooold Sun 09-Nov-14 23:40:33

Could be either to be honest

Camhs referral is for anxiety, sensory processing and attachment issues

She's in the system but it could be months before someone sees her

She will generally only eat pasta, rice, toast or chicken but I did manage to get carrot into her earlier

Pasta and rice is always plain

Ledkr Mon 10-Nov-14 00:10:47

Is she adopted?

ChippingInAutumnLover Mon 10-Nov-14 00:15:03

How old is she?

Does she normally eat cake?

Maybe, if she only likes plain things, she wanted to eat it before you decorated it and got a bit carried away?

18yearstooold Mon 10-Nov-14 06:29:45

Sorry, fell asleep mid sentence

She's not adopted, I split with her dad when she was 9 because he was an emotionally abusive arse

I did the classic staying together for the sake of the children as I thought it was just me he was nasty to

We split 4 yeas ago but in the last 12-18 months she's really been struggling

Lottie4 Mon 10-Nov-14 09:51:37

Hate to admit it, but I did the same thing more than once when I was younger. I don't think I was being particularly difficult, just selfish and very indulgent. Explain to her that you feel it was very selfish and that if she fancies something like that in the future she must ask. As a punishment, you could ask her to to help you make another or cook tea tonight.

Lindi3108 Mon 10-Nov-14 11:46:45

Thinking back to when I was a teenager we(my sister and friends) would sit around a table after school and eat all the bread in the house then move onto other things. But we/I would never have eaten a cake by ourselves. Cakes are generally to be shared so what she was doing is a bit out of line and needs to be addressed. But as someone mentions in a comment maybe she did try to finish it before it got decorated if she has food colour preferences.

But I would talk to her about it. Good luck with getting treatment for her. It is terrible that there is such a long waiting period.

oddsocksmostly Tue 11-Nov-14 20:46:31

Would it work for her to replace it by making another? Not sure if I've missed her age.

Dancingqueen17 Tue 11-Nov-14 20:53:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now