Talk

Advanced search

Teenage Son wants to go Isle of Wight Festival

(10 Posts)
susanjoyce Sun 30-Mar-14 16:52:51

My son who will be 17, wants to go to the Isle of Wight festival in June with 3 other friends (all boys)

I am a bit anxious as to what he would be up to and not sure whether I should agree to this.

Should I let him go?

isitsnowingyet Sun 30-Mar-14 17:03:55

At 17 - yes, you should let him go. In a few months - he can leave home.

callamia Sun 30-Mar-14 17:06:01

He'll have a great time! You can't really not let him can you?
I went to my first festival at 16, and had a brilliant time. If you trust him usually, and he and his friends are fairly sensible, you've no real reason to doubt him here.

Varya Sun 30-Mar-14 17:06:31

Responsible stewards are present at Festivals and hopefully your son will have a great time with his friends.

TossedSaladsAndScrambledEggs Sun 30-Mar-14 17:07:34

I went to iow when I was gp with dd. it was nice, everyone seemed fairly well behaved. He'll be fine!

noddyholder Sun 30-Mar-14 17:08:41

Yes he will be fine they all look our for each other and its an amazing experience for them

usualsuspectt Sun 30-Mar-14 17:11:19

He will be 17, of course you should let him go,

TBH at 17 mine wouldn't have asked permission to go. They would have just just told me they were going.

Catsmamma Sun 30-Mar-14 17:15:56

so long as he has money to buy tickets, food and transport and is not expecting you to fork out for it.

DramaAlpaca Sun 30-Mar-14 17:18:40

I'd let him.

Selks Sun 30-Mar-14 17:22:00

Yes, of course he should go. At 17 he's nearly an adult. Unless he's got any special needs or specific vulnerabilities why would anyone try to stop a 17 year old making their own choices and going off and doing things, festivals included?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now