Talk

Advanced search

The wrong crowd

(3 Posts)
Michaela888203 Sat 29-Mar-14 11:36:01

My 14 year old daughter has been cutting for around 6 months that I know of, looks herself in her bedroom all the time, one words answers etc.... She has a very loving caring family, and never goes without. She is a different person around her friends, Monday evening she took an overdose and she is very very lucky to be alive, or not medically affected at all. Since the. She has been acting very normal like nothing has happened, whereby me and her step dad are beside ourselves and don't know what to do how to act etc......

After a meeting with the school on Thursday I was told the people that she bothers with are "unsafe relationships", but how do I get her out of the crowd, she loves her friends and will not take telling being a standard teenagers, I am at my wits end

Michaela888203 Sat 29-Mar-14 11:39:00

X

ThreeBeeOneGee Sat 29-Mar-14 21:22:12

Self-harm and a suicide attempts point to emotional or mental distress.

Has she been seen by CAMHS (or similar)?

When I was that age, my friends were extremely important to me. They were my support network, and separating me from them would have (and sometimes did) make me feel much worse.

What would have helped me? Someone taking me seriously. My depression and anxiety being treated when it began, rather than having to wait until I was twenty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now