Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!! DD 14 has been drinking

(14 Posts)
Peckarolloveragain Sat 29-Mar-14 00:06:23

How normal is this ?? Should I panic or just deal with the sick etc and talk to her tomorrow

She's been sick a few times now has head on table complaining of head hurtjng
When is it safe to leave her to sleep?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 29-Mar-14 00:08:26

Deffo don't bother being harsh now, talk to her tomorrow about it. When she's realising what a hangover is.

Sadly it's not abnormal. Just try to make sure it's a long gap before she does it again.

NigellasDealer Sat 29-Mar-14 00:10:24

do not panic.
put her to bed in the recovery position with a bucket beside the bed.
hopefully she will have a dreadful hangover and not do it again .....
is she still vomiting?

Peckarolloveragain Sat 29-Mar-14 00:14:55

She's vomiting but lucid in between not like paralytic -complaining of head hurting
Giving her sips of water
What is the average grounding you reckon?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 29-Mar-14 00:17:21

Oh I'd be furious. And sad.

But stay with her until she's stopped chucking up.

Hopefully she'll be mortified.

RhondaJean Sat 29-Mar-14 00:17:34

Where has she been drinking and where did she get the alcohol from?

It's not uncommon, my 14 yo doesn't drink even when I offer her a snowball at Xmas or a fruit cider at new year but she's in a minority.

I don't know if grounding is the way to go, but some serious conversation needed when she sobers up about the risks. And no lie in or sympathy for the hangover - don't you urgently need to Hoover early tomorrow actually?

MrsBungle Sat 29-Mar-14 00:19:22

Oh dear. I did this at 14 and all my friends did too! Pit her to bed with a basin and you might want to stay with her a while until she stops being sick. My mum made me go on a "run out in the car" the next day - I've never felt as I'll. hope she's ok.

DramaAlpaca Sat 29-Mar-14 00:19:50

Agree with the advice above. I'd also get her to drink as much water as possible before she goes to bed.

You might want to keep a close eye on her & check her a couple of times during the night.

If it helps at all, DS1 did the same when he was 15. Got off his head drunk on brandy confused with his mates. He was so bad I was close to taking him to A&E. He felt dreadful for a couple of days afterwards but he learned a lesson from it. He's 20 now & reasonably sensible with drink, or so he tells me. And he says he will never, ever drink brandy again.

NigellasDealer Sat 29-Mar-14 00:20:27

I do not know pecka -

(my son did this when he was 13 and got taken to bloody hospital in an ambulance as he had been in the park and scared some older person by his copious vomiting.
well i chased that ambulance so fast I got there before he did, and then there was muttering about CP and all sorts and i had the doctor looking down his nose at me and saying 'and DO you work?' etc......)

sorry I digress. but my point is he is now nearly 16 and has not been drunk since.
so please try not to worry too much.
Ground for as long as you think is suitable.

RudyMentary Sat 29-Mar-14 00:20:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Peckarolloveragain Sat 29-Mar-14 00:40:13

She is still vomiting and feeling very sorry for herself I also have her friend here who was here for a sleepover
Her story is someone gave her a drink and she didn't know what it was but I suspect that is to try and avoid questioning on what she has done - I don't buy it
I'm feeling pretty calm I just dearly hope it's not the beginning of a pattern and want to deal with it properly

TheVictorian Sat 29-Mar-14 00:50:03

Just ask her when shes sobered up "what did you learn from this"

TittyNotSusan Sat 29-Mar-14 08:42:09

How is she this morning?

I'd ask her how long she should be grounded. She might well come up with twice as long as you'd have said!

Peckarolloveragain Sat 29-Mar-14 22:55:32

Annoyingly she wasn't very hungover !!

She has been very sheepish and apologetic

Punishment has been issued suppose all I can do is hope that she's learnt something

Thanks for the comforting advice !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now