Talk

Advanced search

DD15 no periods

(5 Posts)
Claybury Thu 20-Mar-14 20:14:15

I will contact doctor about this but does anyone have knowledge / experience- my DD has had about 3 periods in the past year ( that is all she's ever had) , and nothing for 4 months. Her friend worried her saying it's because she's too thin. I don't think she's too thin, she is like I was at that age, a tall size 6/8.

topknob Thu 20-Mar-14 20:17:09

I don't know if it helps but I am skinny always have been a size 6-8 and I didn't start until 15 but cannot recall how regular they were to start with. I know I was one of the last to start in my school year.

FadBook Thu 20-Mar-14 20:20:37

15 is still in the age range of puberty.

However, experience tells me to visit a GP and ask for blood tests / fsh levels.

I hadn't started my periods by 16 and had tests. There was something underlying.

I'm not trying to scare you - it really good be nothing.

12 months prior to my blood test (15yo) I was fobbed off with 'you're naturally thin..." comment and not given blood test.

Is she developed with normal signs of becoming a woman (you don't have to answer)? I wasn't at all and this was a main sign of my diagnosis.

Claybury Thu 20-Mar-14 20:25:10

Thanks fad - she is completely developed, looks 16, and when I spoke to my gynaecologist in passing about it she said not to worry providing she was developing in other ways . However that was a year ago and I'm starting to think I should get it checked out.

FadBook Thu 20-Mar-14 20:39:27

If she's completely developed, I wouldn't worry then. It's really normal for periods to be ad hoc initially and with gyno saying the same too, sounds 'normal'.

If you are worried, quick GP visit won't hurt smile

(hope I didn't scare you)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now