Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teen Girls

(12 Posts)
worstmumever4545 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:08:33

My two girls age 12 and 14, are constantly snipping at each other and really hating each other at the moment, i honestly cant remember when they where last nice to each other. Its driving me insane.

Does any one else have girls close in age, and what are your experiences of their relationship with each other. Or do yourself have a sister close in age, and did you go through a bad stage in your teens ?

I am an only child so have no experience to draw on, so if you could share with me that would be great, thank you.

picklesrule Tue 18-Mar-14 14:20:08

I don't think my experience will cheer you much as my sister and I were basically like that from about that age until I left for uni at 18! It got worse when she became properly teenage so she was 13 I was 15 I think..
But things did gradually improve as I got a little older and once I left and we had our own space we got on great and now are really close..
Sorry teenage years with girls are just pretty hideous I think but they will come through it!!
I think it helped us when we had different things to focus on, egg different sports etc..by our later teens we had established our own paths a bit more and things got easier..

Good luck!

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 18-Mar-14 14:22:03

Sorry to tell you this, but there's 18 months between my DDs (currently 16 and 18), and they get on like a house on fire. Always have. They are very protective of each other too. They share clothes, and used to share toys and friends.
I think we've been lucky.

happymama124 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:27:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

happymama124 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:27:56

Carla69 Tue 18-Mar-14 14:52:41

Standinginline Tue 18-Mar-14 14:56:25

My partners girls are always at each other BUT you know they'll be close when they're older. Slightly different ,me and brother were always arguing (5 years apart though ) but we're pretty good now. It's a teenage thing. I think it's like mothers and daughters during the teenage stage ,me and mum argued constantly but we're so close now (we see each other EVERY day )

BackforGood Tue 18-Mar-14 23:51:56

I think it's a sibling thing too. Mine are 12 and 15 and on;y get on some of the time.

bigmomma1104 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:03:04

Paintyfingers Wed 19-Mar-14 17:11:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigmomma1104 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:20:01

Why? ^^ I am new to mumsnet and am sorry if I offended you in any way but I am seriously worried and am trying to find help

Innogen Thu 20-Mar-14 16:42:47

4 years gap here. Girls have always got on perfectly. I didn't do anything to foster this.

I think it's just a random personalities thing. As parents we want out children to naturally be best friends, but we can't force it. Some people simply do not like their siblings. Look at all the threads on here about adult sibling woes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now