Talk

Advanced search

Bored Teenager

(10 Posts)
TractIng Thu 20-Feb-14 13:40:04

Hi this is the first time i have been oh here and i have a teenage Daughter (15) very bright and intelligent out going and fun, and she wants to meet other teenagers who are similar to her where would she go.

givemeaclue Thu 20-Feb-14 13:41:51

School, youth club, sports club, voluntary work, guides,

Middleagedmotheroftwo Thu 20-Feb-14 13:44:04

Join a club. The Rangers/Senior Section of Guiding should offer her fun and exitement (though it does very much depend on the local Leaders). If she likes kids, she could volunteer as a Young Leader with Guiding.

Really, any club would do - Young Farmers, Badminton, choir, anything. What does she enjoy?

Joining the club and doing the club based activities is just the way to make friends. These people do other stuff as well as go to their clubs, and DD will (hopefully) make friends and be invited to social activities too.

Or she could get a job and meet people that way (may have to be 16 though).

TractIng Thu 20-Feb-14 13:55:51

Thanks for this she is into Art things and very creative and she does work at the charity shop at weekend. She just wants to meet teenagers who no where she is coming from.

BuzzLightbulb Thu 20-Feb-14 16:29:03

I read somewhere somebody posted an ad on gumtree that said, new to area looking for friends, interests are.... And it worked!

Not sure it's the ideal place for teenagers, but not the usual hang out of weirdos either!

If she's arty is she into drama? There's usually a local youth drama group pretty much everywhere.

My daughter loved scouts, and at 15 she'd be an explorer and they do a lot of community work and stuff. As well as the fun stuff.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Thu 20-Feb-14 16:42:35

Explorers is good too.

Where do you live OP? There are loads of things for kids to get involved round here.

bruffin Thu 20-Feb-14 17:05:38

What do you mean no where she is coming from
What are her particular interests, does she like specific music, films, tv programmes etc

TractIng Fri 21-Feb-14 12:24:16

We live the Droylsden/Tameside area and she is into groups that play at the Academy but she also likes London Grammer, Aluna George, Wild Belle, XX and M83 and Alt J. She loves her fashion and know what is coming in before anybody else.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 21-Feb-14 12:42:40

Does she like anything other than music and fashion? Or is she prepared to get involved with a sports club or some community work?

BuzzLightbulb Fri 21-Feb-14 13:18:06

Does she really not have one friend from school? Or loose friendships she could make more of?

She seems a really interesting young lady from what you say, have you just moved house or is this a confidence thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now