Talk

Advanced search

Present for a 13 yr old girl's birthday?

(12 Posts)
madeofkent Fri 14-Feb-14 00:30:58

I haven't a clue, I have been living in a boy only zone for too long! Help! I forgot and it's my niece's birthday on Monday. I only just remembered when I came up to bed.

Dancingdreamer Fri 14-Feb-14 00:37:28

You have my sympathies! My DD is 13 and a nightmare to buy for!

Depending on how much you want to spend, and based on what my DD wanted for Xmas, my suggestions are:

Hoody from Hollister (or anything from Hollister really!)
ITunes voucher
One of those large cookie cakes from Millies Cookies
Gloves that can be used with a smartphone
Earphones with built in headphones
Onesie
Cotton PJs

Good luck!

NinjaCow Fri 14-Feb-14 02:25:14

Anything clothey- Hollister, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, River Island are favourites. Or a gift voucher to one of those shops!
Nice headphones and earphones.
Hair chalks were a real hit for my 13yo DSis.

NinjaCow Fri 14-Feb-14 02:30:49

Phone case?
H&M stuff
Amazon voucher
Anything Jack Wills too

Madmog Fri 14-Feb-14 10:05:20

Mine would ask for chocolate, money, iTunes, New Look or River Island vouchers. If she's into make up, a Boots voucher might go down well. One thing my daughter got recently which she likes was a ladybird which un-does and flattens to a small pillow/cushion. Think you can get different animal types on Amazon - guess they are £10-15.

17leftfeet Fri 14-Feb-14 10:08:12

Mine would hate anything from jack willis/holister etc

Makeup goes down well -especially black eyeliner
Vouchers to get her hair done, cinema vouchers etc

3nationsfamily Fri 14-Feb-14 10:57:38

Cinema vouchers, nail polish, onesie, poster of favourite band/TV show, funky phone case (if you know which type she has)

madeofkent Fri 14-Feb-14 12:29:41

Thank you, that's great. I've noticed a bit of a drift towards Hollister lately, she has changed schools and she was all arty and floaty before so it came as a shock. I think I'll get her a selection from your suggestions, and then at least one of them should please her.

Bagpussss Fri 14-Feb-14 12:43:53

Superdry do nice t shirts and hoodies, plastic make-up bags in there for £10 are good for gifts smile

BackforGood Fri 14-Feb-14 14:33:07

Mine (12 and 1/2) loves to have something she can spend - so Amazon voucher would be great, but, tbh, vouchers for a particular shop are a pain in the bum for families like us who tend to do their utmost to avoid "going shopping".
Cinema Voucher's a good idea.
At Christmas she wanted nail varnish pens
She'd like a football, but I'm not sure all 13 yr old dds would wink

SkiSchoolRun Fri 14-Feb-14 14:36:28

Books. Look at the A Mighty Girl website. It has a fantastic selection of great books for all ages.

madeofkent Tue 18-Feb-14 21:01:13

I'm thinking, keep going, I will need you lot again next xmas! grin Thanks for the books website, she likes reading. I ended up with a folding ladybird cushion and nailvarnish pens, but I need to have a look into her favourite clothes retailers and see if they do vouchers. She has some of the above things already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now