Talk

Advanced search

help please ! someone pretending to be my son on facebook

(9 Posts)
thriftychic Mon 10-Feb-14 18:48:26

Im not really too well up on facebook chat as i rarely use facebook for chatting but if anyone can advise me here i would be really grateful .

ds2 has told me and then shown me on his facebook a group chat that went on last night with a lot of people from school . on it it appears that someone has set up and joined the chat pretending to be ds2 .
They have actually spelt his name with an e on the end which is wrong but anyway , this person has said a lot of abusive things and the others have responded being equally abusive back , saying all kinds of things about my ds2 (thinking its him ) and his family .
the comments from this person pretending to be ds2 have been removed and they are now a box saying 'been removed due to being abusive ' or whatever.
someone did realise at some point it wasnt ds2 and pointed it out but , what do i do ?
go in to school ?
some people were threatening him

MrsAMerrick Mon 10-Feb-14 21:05:53

Sorry, I don't have much advice to offer you but I do think you need to contact the school, maybe go in first thing and speak to the form tutor. Has your son tried to explain to the group that it's not him?

Hope it gets sorted out, this social media stuff is so horrible when it goes wrong. thanks

Maryz Mon 10-Feb-14 21:17:46

Yes, tell the school. Screenshot as much as you can (and ask any of his good friends if they have any record of what was posted). And then get the whole conversation deleted.

The chances are that it is one of his peers. Hopefully it started off as a "joke" that got out of hand, and the person will admit it and apologise. If not, at least your son's friends will know it wasn't him.

WanderingAway Mon 10-Feb-14 21:26:45

Thankfully someone spotted that it wasnt your son. I would go into the school first thing tomorrow.

thriftychic Mon 10-Feb-14 22:39:52

thanks , thing is ds2 doesnt have many close friends at school , he has aspergers syndrome which can make it difficult for him at times . The horrible things said about him are so upsetting . i think some of these people in the chat are often arsy with him at school and one of them thought they would take it a step further .
have got the conversation onto a memory stick (well ds1 has ) and will go into school tomorrow .

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Mon 10-Feb-14 22:43:24

Can you report the fake account through facebook? They take that kind of thing pretty seriously.

SomethingkindaOod Mon 10-Feb-14 22:48:09

School will take it very seriously.
Last year someone started rumours about DS on there, he doesn't even have an account and doesn't want one, the rumours were viscous and damaging. Not just to him but to another person as well.
We went straight to the school, they started an investigation into the whole episode, it turned out that DS was the latest in a long line of victims. They hit hard and fast basically and according to DS 2 students were excluded as a result.

Bonkerz Mon 10-Feb-14 22:49:42

Is he on Ask fm via Facebook? My sons account was hacked thanks to this site. I would never have beloved it except ds showed me his laptop and 'he' was typing and swearing and being nasty without even touching the keyboard. Very frightening indeed. Had to change all passwords and delete ask fm from website then Facebook etc

ivykaty44 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:57:39

Report this to Facebook and get all D's friends to report this person as a fraud copycat, the more people that report to Facebook the better

I have a friend in his 40 s and his photo keeps being taken and then they set themselfs up on dating sites using my mates photo, thing is the fraud is usually looking for girls and what is he going yo do when they turn up and he looks nothing like his photo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now