Talk

Advanced search

Ds spots

(14 Posts)
YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Sun 09-Feb-14 21:45:42

Ds 12 has a lot of spots on his forehead and and few elsewhere on his face. Could anyone recommend a face wash/cream etc. that works, we have tried numerous things but nothing seems to be working.

TIA

Nicole1976 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:48:50

This happened with my 15 year old when he was younger, just try to keep his face clean and apply some kind of spot cream, It's more than normal during puberty for spots to appear

moggiek Sun 09-Feb-14 22:30:20

Quinoderm cream from the chemist. My youngest DS tried every preparation going, we spent an absolute FORTUNE trying to clear the spots up! Turned out that the £2.95 blue tube was answer!

Travelledtheworld Sun 09-Feb-14 23:06:29

I have the same problem with DS 13 who has a lot of spots in the T zone.
I really struggle to get him to wash his face at all. He just says " Mum, don't be so MEAN " and stomps off......

It is a shame he is a good looking lad.....

YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Mon 10-Feb-14 07:20:17

He is currently using clearasil face wash every day which is bloody expensive and he does definately use it. It just isn't getting rid of the spots.

scherazadey Mon 10-Feb-14 10:49:18

My DS16 started to get very spotty at around age 14 and he tried Clearasil etc, nothing seemed to work. Then a friend suggested just using Simple face wash and moisuriser and within a couple of weeks the problem was miles better. He must just have very sensitive skin and the 'spot' products were too harsh for him and actually making his skin worse.

glendatheveryexcitedwitch Fri 14-Feb-14 12:01:23

I got my son some fresh farmacy?? From lush which is very gentle and full of camomile and other good stuff - within a week his skin was sooooo much better!!!

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 14-Feb-14 12:03:49

Freederm is quite good. But I took DD2 to the gp yesterday to finally get her prescribed antibiotics. He's given her a 3 month course for starters.

Mitzi50 Sat 15-Feb-14 19:38:20

DS's skin is kept under control using E45 facial wash and a prescription topical gel from doctor. He has sensitive skin so found many OTC products like quinoderm and clearisil "burnt" his skin.

fumanchu Sun 16-Feb-14 16:46:44

I can really recommend Aknicare - still get spots in my 50s and have tried just about everything but this is really good. Wish it had been around in my teens.

Lex12 Sun 16-Feb-14 19:16:39

There's a really good cream u can get from the dr...duac I think it has an antibiotic in it and clears up bad spots quite quickly. GPs seem more understanding about acne these days smile

LucyLasticBand Sun 16-Feb-14 19:19:40

there is a prescription cream - my dd uses it, begins with Z.

LucyLasticBand Sun 16-Feb-14 19:22:45

zineryt

desperatemom123 Tue 18-Feb-14 18:37:28

Superdrugs tea tree spot stick is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now