Talk

Advanced search

Assassin's Creed 3 - gamer advice needed please

(9 Posts)
WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 09-Feb-14 09:59:30

DS(15) is after this. It is an 18 where others in the franchise have been 15. What is the difference with this one please?

FracturedViewOfLife Sun 09-Feb-14 18:24:34

I haven't played it for a while so I can't say. I don't think Assassin's Creed games are too bad anyway.

There is a website where parents give reviews on games and what age they think they are suitable for though that could be helpful. Here is the Assassin's Creed 3 page.

WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 09-Feb-14 19:19:47

That is a brilliant link, thank you very much

lukebsf1 Sun 09-Feb-14 19:46:45

Assassins creed is much "better" then games like call of duty or grand theft auto. The violence in the game is all very historical and thus quite seperated from the modern day.

I'm quite surprised that its an 18 rather than a 15 or 16.

WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 09-Feb-14 22:00:27

Not sure if it is the rating rules which have changed or if the game itself has just tipped over the edge into an 18. I have always assumed that games like this get as close to the limit of what is allowed at the lower age levels as possible.

Assassins Creed 4 is also an 18 though DS doesnt want that one (cant afford it) yet.

flow4 Mon 10-Feb-14 00:12:39

My DS1 (18) says "It becomes a lot more about the future in the later games and that means a young audience can relate to the violence easier so they raised it". smile

JCDenton Mon 10-Feb-14 09:28:36

Being a huge fan of the series, I can't really think off the top of my head. It isn't violence in the present day, because there isn't any in this one. It's likely because 3 is rated by PEGI and the previous games are rated by the BBFC and they have different criteria.

I can't see a big difference between ones before and after the change so it should be fine. I'd say a 15 year old could play them no problem anyway.

JCDenton Mon 10-Feb-14 09:33:07

To correct myself, there is violence in the present day, I was thinking of Revelations, oops. But it's no worse than what was in previous games.

WorrySighWorrySigh Tue 11-Feb-14 21:10:25

Thanks all for the comments. Assassins Creed 3 arrived today. DS has disappeared to his room. I assume we will see him again when he requires nourishment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now