Talk

Advanced search

My 14 and 15 year olds come home and their stroppyness puts me in a right bad mood ....

(8 Posts)
2sugarsandadog Fri 07-Feb-14 16:41:26

.... just saying'. Better already!

Longdistance Fri 07-Feb-14 16:57:40

Smile and nod grin

HSMMaCM Fri 07-Feb-14 16:58:53

Feed and ignore. That's my tactic.

singaporefling Fri 07-Feb-14 17:10:49

Yep, DS 15 can come in from school like an angry/spittng/five-headed dragon confused - I usually feed/water/make a few small soothing noises and he's usually as sweet as apple pie and (almost) cuddly within an hour smile...

HeadFullofSteam Fri 07-Feb-14 17:12:46

Mine usually come home in a good mood as that is school over. They then start hissing and spitting at each other, storm off in different directions shouting whilst I weep sit serenely letting it all go over my head.

2sugarsandadog Sat 08-Feb-14 16:08:18

Yes, yes, it's the hissing and spitting at each other and then I try and intervene and then ........ meltdown. Singaporefling, I do all that too (not a total witch, <<cackle>>), it's just their platform to pick holes in whatever I've cooked/given them to drink/said ...... I think perhaps it's time look for a full time job again ......

Parrot46 Sun 09-Feb-14 17:59:12

This evening after being told how annoying I was by both dd's I thought, right I'll stop helping and go read a book. "no,stay here, I need someone to be angry at!" I thought that was quite perseptive and pretty reasonable !

singaporefling Tue 11-Feb-14 15:52:34

Yes - everything i've cooked is usually 'wrong' even if it was requested by DS the day before, he's now written out a menu of favourite foods and apparently if i deviate from the list it will be MY fault if the food is untouched [hmmm] Entitled or wot innit?! grin Of course like an eejit doting mother i'm doing as i've been told! Doh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now