Talk

Advanced search

Festival entry 1 day short of 16th birthday?

(4 Posts)
StAugustine Wed 05-Feb-14 19:44:43

DS wants to go to Leeds Festival with his friends, as a well earned treat after GCSEs, he's saving his own money to go. BUT we've checked the website for age restrictions and unaccompanied under 16s aren't allowed. The festival starts on 22 Aug, and he's not 16 till 23 Aug! He will be heartbroken! Do you think they will actually turn him away if he turns up the day before his 16th birthday? sad

grannyflo Wed 05-Feb-14 20:06:54

Does he have any older friends going? They only check ID as you're entering the arena or campsite. DD and her friend had a day ticket to Reading when they were both just 14 last year and they met my DS aged 19 who was camping for the weekend and he got them through the gate. Once inside no problems. They're going again this year and I'll let her camp next year when she's 16!

Ubik1 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:08:44

I was working in the beer tents at festivals at the tender age of 15!

What ID do they require? Could he use one which doesn't have his birthday date on it? They only require picture ID, surely.

StAugustine Wed 05-Feb-14 20:44:24

Thanks for the replies. I will ask him to check, one of his mates has an older brother who might be going.and might be happy to get him in the gate.
Ubik1 - doesn't id have to have your DOB on it to be counted as id?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now