Talk

Advanced search

Battlefield 4 - gamers opinions please

(4 Posts)
WorrySighWorrySigh Tue 05-Nov-13 20:20:18

DS(15) is after Battlefield 4 having got Battlefield 3 already. Up until now our rule has been no 18 games. Is Battlefield 4 a lot worse than Battlefield 3 or is it that the rating rules have changed?

Any advice please?

OpinionatedTheAnon Tue 05-Nov-13 21:31:43

As a Gamer, I feel that I can wholeheartedly assure you that it's no worse. What it is that has caused the ratings change is the graphics being improved (apparently...hmm) which in turn leads to the violence being more 'realistic' and henceforth rated higher. In my opinion the game is pretty much a direct clone which I wouldn't dream of spending £45 on, however if it's just the age rating you're concerned about and not the price, it will be fine. If you were fine with Battlefield 3 then you shouldn't have a problem with 4. Hope this helps you make a decision!

WorrySighWorrySigh Tue 05-Nov-13 22:05:41

Thank you very much Opinionated. I have discussed with DS and agreed that he can have Battlefield 4 when he has saved up for it! - that will be the test!.

Cathrine21 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:06:27

I brought this game for my 11 year old son who imediately started playing it. One day I decided to see what he was doing so I had a look. I could see he was enjoying himself and that he had the no blood setting on. He was playing a game against his friends and I liked how they worked together. I let him keep the game since it made him happy and there was nothing wrong with it, but I kept the limit to one hour a day. I think I made a good choice since now he has more experience with teamwork. I have overheard him and his friends discussing stratergies on playdates. This game has really made him more social. I recomend it for other familes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now