Talk

Advanced search

What does your ds or dd plan to do after A levels this June

(4 Posts)
maltesers Fri 19-May-06 12:56:58

Wondering what yours are doing during that period after the A levels have been taken and they are hanging around June - Sept. Worried my ds of 18yrs will just bum around working 2 three hour shift at local video store. He is away with his dad for a week or two and with mates. Just hope he is kept busy. Cannot bear the thought of him hanging round home for days on MSN and in a grump making a mess.

redsky Fri 26-May-06 15:05:11

Same worries here Malteser. Ds has vague plans to go to Prague with friends so I'm hoping that will motivate him to do loads of work to pay for it. Think he's also planning a few days in Newquay.
I think I am going to feel a bit 'lost' without the support of school behind us after all these years.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 26-May-06 15:57:41

Same here too. Ds has applied for uni, deferred for a year but doesn't seem to have much in the way of plans. He works part-time as a lifeguard but if I have to take him/fetch him back it's a 35 mile round trip twice a day - there's no way he can do more hours. Have visions of him just bumming sround all summer and eating me out of house & home

JanH Fri 26-May-06 18:43:30

DS1 is going to Tenerife (or somewhere like that I will know where he's going when he goes, honest!) for 2 weeks, then doing his D of E final expedition.

After that he's supposed to be working on a marquee erection team as long as they are working, but it requires punctuality and it's not his strong point so he might end up back at Sainsburys on a pittance - I hope not though, they work a 100-hour week and it pays v well so he needs to learn punctuality at long last.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: