Talk

Advanced search

over protective or not

(4 Posts)
purplecupcake Fri 03-May-13 17:01:10

my DD is 18 and 28 weeks pregnant, She isnt having the greatest time been pregnant and really doesnt understand why she needs to take things easier than a normal teenager.

At the minute shes constantly lying about where she is going when going out and making excuses for why she is late home. Should i be confronting her about where she really is or should i just let her get on with it since she is 18, I think my main concern is something bad happening while shes out to her or bump and i would have no idea where she really is. I have no idea why she's lying only to think that its a boy shes meeting.

anyone gone through any similar that can give some advice

2fedup Fri 03-May-13 20:49:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AMumInScotland Fri 03-May-13 21:04:40

I can see why you feel worried, but I don't think you can insist on knowing exactly where she is and who she is with. Maybe if you explain that you worry about not knowing if she'd had an accident, then she'd be happy to make sure she always has your contact details on her in case anything was to happen? Her phone probably has that anyway, but phones do get lost or stolen.

cory Sat 04-May-13 09:48:21

I think you have to treat her as you would any other adult relative who happened to be living with you. So, polite to let you know when she is going out and when you can expect her to be back, but not up to you to know where she is going or make decisions about whether it is safe.

Mutual arrangements for contact details in case of emergency (remembering that accidents can just as easily happen to you as to her!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now