Talk

Advanced search

How does one teenager tell another teen to stop being a Prick?

(8 Posts)
lljkk Wed 01-May-13 09:23:26

Long story, don't want to be accused of drip-feeding.

About 6 weeks ago DS (yr8) found a lonely tenner in a shop, later showed it to a group of lads at train station one of whom (yr11) tried to wrestle it off DS. DS resisted, fierce violent scuffle, though thankfully the other lad suddenly stopped in time for both to train journey home.

Phoned police next day who suggested restorative justice which I was all for (& don't regret). Met yr11-boy & his mum, everyone told our story, yr11 boy apologised, I hoped that was end of matters & the two boys would just grunt at each other at train station in future.

But... yr11 boy has been verbally harassing DS last few weeks and yesterday actually slapped DS. I don't think DS is doing anything to provoke the abuse but he is keen to give back as good as he gets so the boys are playing a one-up-manship bantering game.

Before we phone police again I think DS has to actually tell the yr11-eejit to STOP the "banter" else we'll take it back to police, but DS won't want to because it's admitting that the harassment bothers him, iyswim. I think it's silly to take this to police if DS is eagerly bantering back.

I am stumped, How does one teen tell another to stop being a Pest without losing face?

dexter73 Wed 01-May-13 11:45:37

I don't think a yr11 would take any notice of a yr8 telling him to stop the banter. If anything it might make it worse. Are they at the same school? It would be better to involve the school and get them to try to sort it out before involving the police.

SoupDragon Wed 01-May-13 11:49:31

"Are you usually such a prick?"

dexter73 Wed 01-May-13 11:54:29

I think saying something like that would just earn him another slap tbh.

lljkk Wed 01-May-13 13:55:39

Thx, they are at same school, we think the yr11 leaves forever in 3 weeks, which is why I let things slide re the banter. DS quite peeved about the slap, though I wonder if I established all the circumstances he might not seem so blameless after all, too.

The banter is all happening at train station, away from school grounds, so not sure how school will see it.

dexter73 Wed 01-May-13 14:04:37

No-one should be slapping, especially not an older boy against a younger boy. I would think the school would be able to help. My dd is in yr11 and they have got involved in cyberbullying that has been happening out of school time. Hopefully in 3 weeks it will all be over!

bigTillyMint Wed 01-May-13 19:31:12

I am both amazed and quite impressed that your DS is standing up to a Y11.

Tell the school - the DC's school would take this very seriously.

lljkk Wed 01-May-13 19:38:57

I think DS has gained a fair amount of street credit for it. (gulp)
I'm just grateful we live somewhere that almost no kids carry knives. sad

DS has agreed to say words to the effect "Leave me alone or I'll have to take it further just like I did before". Then it will be in the yr11 boy's power to decide our next move.

thx for listening, hopefully I won't have anything to update with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now