Talk

Advanced search

DD 14 texting older boys

(9 Posts)
Jimalfie Fri 15-Feb-13 09:31:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocoluvva Fri 15-Feb-13 11:32:54

You're probably fussing over nothing smile

Teenagers seem to put kisses after their texts as a matter of course and endless texting is normal these days - unfortunately.

When my DD was 14 she had a texting curfew, but we lifted it when she was 15. Late night texting is a problem for her - she can't keep off her phone. It can't be healthy.

Some of the network providers will let you itemise the bills if you're on a contract. The numbers texted will appear with the time they were sent. T-mobile charge £1 a month for this service.

mrsjay Fri 15-Feb-13 13:26:38

I thought they were way older 15 is nothing older boys are attractive don't sweat it she is at an age where she is wanting a bit of privacy and probably doesn't want you knowing she is texting boys, I would do a curfew dd2 is 15 and has 1 especially on a school night and I also turn the wifi off,

Im impressed you managed to prise the phone off her for a nosey grin I would keep checiking it from time to time but it really is nothing, all I have said is hindsight right enough I was a neurotic wreck with dd1 and always worried about everything she is nearly 20 but I did check her phone sometimes, I had to get dd2 to delete a guy off her facebook. apparently he is a friend of a friend but he is 23 no way was I having that

chocoluvva Fri 15-Feb-13 14:21:24

I thought they were going to be older than 15 too!

mrsjay Fri 15-Feb-13 16:18:24

dd has just turned 15 next month their will be 16 yr old boys and girls in her year a4 and 15 is the same age group really

Jimalfie Tue 19-Feb-13 15:46:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

someoftheabove Tue 19-Feb-13 19:13:12

Is it just me who thinks it's not ok to look at someone else's messages as a matter of routine? If I really felt I couldn't trust my dcs and felt I had to look at their messages, I would tell them I was going to and explain why.

ProlificWillyBreeder Tue 19-Feb-13 19:27:01

I'm with someoftheabove although I understand why are you worried I just don't think I would have gone through my DC's phones without having serious cause for concern and them knowing about it. Snooping doesn't tend to bring good news.

chocoluvva Tue 19-Feb-13 20:41:09

The issue of respecting teenagers' privacy is so tricky nowadays. When we were that age we didn't have the option of all this privacy - no facebook or mobiles. My mum always knew who I was hanging about with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: