Advanced search

My 17 year old don id very overweight and stealing from us where can I get help for him?

(4 Posts)
MsBoyle Tue 20-Nov-12 06:26:57

We have tried hypnotherapy, going to the GP, the school nurse, reducing the amount of money he has, talking to him, pleading with him.
He's a lovely boy , kind, warm, caring. Won't light up the world as an academic, but doing OK since restarting his A levels. But I feel he's going to do himself real harm over eating (he knows exactly what is right to eat), and then get into real trouble with the police, as we are having to pare down any access to money in our house. He's stolen literally over £1000 from us.
I'm devastated once again with the last theft.

mortimersraven Tue 20-Nov-12 06:36:14

What is he spending the stolen money on?

MsBoyle Tue 20-Nov-12 06:49:29

Clothes from JACAMO and trainers, and stuff he eats on his own which is mainly chocolate /biscuit based

mortimersraven Tue 20-Nov-12 07:55:45

Did the GP refer your DS to anyone - a counsellor for example? Sounds like he needs to work through whatever is at the root of these issues.

Have you contacted overeaters anon? surely they would have some suggestions for him/you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: