Talk

Advanced search

Proof of age?

(4 Posts)
AtiaoftheJulii Thu 01-Nov-12 18:47:20

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm having no luck searching. What, if any, proof of age do your teenagers use?

E.g. my dd2 is 14, looks older. She has been asked at the station how old she is, and what year she was born, when travelling on a child ticket. Last week she went to a 14+ gig, and got asked if she was 18 and wanted a wristband for the bar!

Dd1 is about to turn 16 and was asking if she would need to prove her age if she was having an alcoholic drink with us in a restaurant!

I know they could carry their passports everywhere, but neither they nor me are particularly comfortable with that idea. Dd2 used to have a child bus pass with a photo on it, but they've scrapped that for a plain card that just says you're under 19. She does have an 11-15 Oyster card, so I suppose that would work?

Just wondered what others used?

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 02-Nov-12 16:58:41

www.pass-scheme.org.uk/for-young-people/national-card-suppliers/ - is this useful?

xmasevebundle Fri 02-Nov-12 22:45:04

I had a citzenship card when i was roughly 13. (Im 19 now and unless they have got rid id look into it)

Some schools do them for free/can get free cards with age on it (well they use too)

SecretSquirrels Sat 03-Nov-12 15:43:47

I photo copied page from their passport and laminated it. It worked for cinema / bus fares. At 6th form they can get a photographic student card,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now