Talk

Advanced search

God I hate it when my mum says ....

(10 Posts)
basildonbond Mon 29-Oct-12 15:57:43

'I wouldn't put up with it' .....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhh ....

mother dearest, you had three extremely well-behaved, compliant and self-motivated daughters ....

I've got two sons one with ADHD and one with Asperger's and dyspraxia - our experiences of being a parent are just not the same!!

I don't have to 'put up with' anything from my well-behaved highly self-motivated NT daughter - it's just that I don't have three of her ....

So if I don't really feel like prodding grumpy ds1 and making him get up before lunchtime in half term, then I'll spare myself that particular argument, ok??

and breathe .....

madeiracake Mon 29-Oct-12 17:47:35

not much to add except yes that sounds really annoying. does your mum ever look after your DSs on her own? if she did maybe she would realise she IBU!!!(yes I know it's not an AIBU thread). good luck.

MateyM00 Mon 29-Oct-12 17:48:52

The thing is, her opinion is not valid becuase her terms of reference are skewed.

dexter73 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:28:03

Send them to stay with her at half-term!

Ineedalife Mon 29-Oct-12 22:12:41

My mum is forever telling me that i need to be patient with Dd1. She hasnt spent morr than half a day with her for 10 yrs. She hasnt had her house credit blacklisted due to Dd1's debts.

She tells me she only wants to help but she doesnt take any notice of what I say.

She is very quick to judge Dd3 but Dd1 can do no wrong.

It drives me round the bend, as if we dont have enough to deal with, without unhelpful parents on top.

MaryZcary Tue 30-Oct-12 09:39:26

I get this from some relatives.

Along with "why don't you ground him?"

Erm, because he's 6'2, stronger than me, and would just climb out the window anyway confused. Just because your dd i naturally well-behaved doesn't mean that it is just as easy to parent my (not-well-behaved) son.

[grumpy]

xxDebstarxx Wed 31-Oct-12 14:24:05

Oh yeah the "why don't you do this" or "I wouldn't put up with that" brigade. Is it wrong for me to wish karma bites them for judging me on my parenting skills?

happystory Wed 31-Oct-12 14:26:19

'She's a bit monosyllabic, isn't she?'

No, Mum, she's depressed, cries all day long, has self-harmed and is failing at school. OK?

mumblechum1 Thu 01-Nov-12 16:43:36

sad happystory. Hope things improve.

amillionyears Thu 01-Nov-12 16:53:43

happystory,do you want to start a thread?

Or MaryZcary, upthread,has started a support thread for parents with teenagers,I cant remember what it is called exactly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now