Talk

Advanced search

DS2 16 smoking cigarettes - anyone know of a really vile utube clip I can show him?

(7 Posts)
adogcalledbetty Sun 23-Sep-12 17:27:03

He doesn't respond to me telling about the health issues etc, so thought I'd try something visual. Know anything suitable?

xmasevebundle Sun 23-Sep-12 19:13:35

I use to smoke heavy, wait until he gets a chest infection and coughing up black tar from his lungs, give it 3-6 months.

Id give him no money towards the cigs or even buy them. It will happen when hes got no money, nor fags he will soon learn!

xmasevebundle Sun 23-Sep-12 19:14:21

I smoked from 16-18 and now dont smoke at all!!

eatyourveg Sun 23-Sep-12 19:21:25

this one seems to show real body parts presumably from autopsies and the damage caused by smoking

EdBird Tue 25-Sep-12 18:53:11

whyquit.com is a cold turkey site - really focussed me on stopping but I was much older. V v graphic in places. Majors on younger victims of illnesses due to smoking - 23 yo losing legs, 37 yo with cancer. Not for everyone though.

laracroft2001 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:56:24

My BFF when I was younger was made to eat a packet of cigs when she was caught by her mum :s - never smoked again though

Another friend was made to smoke 20 fags one after another(!!!!!!!) not sure how good for the health this is but again she never smoked again
I agree with telling him if he wants to smoke he has to get a job and fund it himself

SecondhandRose Tue 25-Sep-12 23:02:26

Just get him to watch Jeremy Kyle and watch all those grey smoke faces. Should make most kids brush their teeth too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now