Talk

Advanced search

preparation for theory test

(4 Posts)
mandylifeboats Mon 17-Oct-11 18:40:26

How much preparation for the theory test do most DC's need/do? DC2 has one booked for 2wks time (on half term now for 2 wks so lots of time to read etc) but should that be enough?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lazymumofteenagesons Wed 19-Oct-11 13:56:21

DS1 attempted to learn the stuff then resorted to going through a large book of questions and redoing the ones he got wrong. It was pretty time consuming and unbelievably boring. 2 weeks should be enough but will need to do a bit each day. You have to get 43/50 to pass which seems a bit steep to me. You can take it again after a few days if you fail but of course that is 30 quid down the drain. Thank god it didn't exist when I was 17.

ajandjjmum Wed 19-Oct-11 13:59:00

We had great fun with this! Testing all of the family out of a book - DH and I were amazed at the stuff we didn't know (which way should you drive in a tunnel if there was a fire type of thing)!

Also, there's some really good on-line stuff that teaches you to get used to the other part of the test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now