Talk

Advanced search

When donyou get time?

(13 Posts)
Sofabitch Fri 14-Oct-11 20:43:16

To have adult time?

I swear they are there at every waking moment. Or at least it feels like it. I miss the days that come 8pm we could do what we wanted generally without fear of children appearing. Apart from late night silent sex which is tiring and boring. We can't seem to find time when there is no one around?

LeBOOOf Fri 14-Oct-11 20:52:19

I either let them stay out at activities into the evening, or make sure they go up to their rooms about ten.

Maryz Fri 14-Oct-11 20:54:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnapesOnAPlane Fri 14-Oct-11 20:55:30

shock
your teenagers are in the house at all?
bloody hell, I haven't seen mine in about 3 years grin

MaureenMLove Fri 14-Oct-11 21:25:30

Mine goes up to her room at 9pm. She's 16. It's for her own benefit, as well as ours. She needs and wants her time, to pump out the music, chat with her mates on Facebook or BBM and god forbid, sometimes do some homework or tidy her flee pit! grin

She never, ever, comes back down and if she wants something, she always calls from the top of the stairs! grin Although, sometimes she's been known to text me to pass her the biscuits or make her a cup of tea, if she hears the kettle going on! grin

MaureenMLove Fri 14-Oct-11 21:26:55

Sorry, should have said, assuming she's in! She's not atm, but once she is in, in about an hour, she'll have a quick chat with me, then wander off up to her room.

How old are they?
Young teens are the worst I think..not young enough to go to bed but not old enough to vanish with their mates!
Mine are 19,18,17 14 and the older three are out a lot (well one's at uni now) but the youngest is disabled (autistic and learning diffs so never going to be out) and we have just accepted we don't ever have US time.

On the plus side they are quite nice company when they are insmile DD2 17 mostly stays home in the week as she is A level year and working hard but DS1 (18) now has a job..comes home then disappears to his mates til 1am.. only see him when he is hungry!

I figure we have a few more years before it's just us and DS2..but he lives in the kitchen with his lining up pens so he's not exactly with us either!

WorriedAboutNightOwl Sat 15-Oct-11 16:33:05

What is this sex of which you speak?

Even late night doesn't work for us, on account of DS staying awake to silly o'clock.

mumblechum1 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:08:40

Mine spends every evening during the week in his room. He has a sofa, massive flat screen tv, surround sound system, PS3 so don't really blame him. He does a lot of work at the moment (just started A levels), so he appears for dinner then comes down to hug us good night at 9pm but we know he'll not be asleep till midnight.

At weekends he's out on the razzle on Fri and Sat nights.

If anything I wish we saw more of him. Only real talking time we have is driving him to school and parties

mumblechum1 Tue 18-Oct-11 12:09:39

On the sex front, unless they're sharing a room with you, I don't see the problem?

Although to be fair, ds's room is right on the other end of the house from ours.

cjbartlett Tue 18-Oct-11 12:13:11

don't they sleep in at the weekends?
then you can have adult time sat and sun morning?
however I woudn't be impressed if me and dh went to bed at 11pm , were getting down to it, and teenagers came barging in
maybe you need to get them to respect you more if they're waking you up all hours?

verlainechasedrimbauds Tue 18-Oct-11 12:14:08

If you want to have sex and your teenagers are in the house, surely all you have to do is tell them you are off to have sex and that they shouldn't disturb you grin. I should think that would make them disappear very quickly (whilst making retching noises).

AnyPhantomFucker Tue 18-Oct-11 12:15:20

We just get on with it, tbh

Not in the same room, I hasten to add

We are not even all that silent either

Mine know not to walk into a) our bedroom b) any other room in the house once they have disappeared to bed c) unlock the front door and come running in from outside without fair warning

if they do, it's their fault if they walk into something, tbh

my teenagers know their parents have sex, why pretend otherwise ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now