Advanced search

teenage son

(2 Posts)
PurpleCherry Fri 14-Oct-11 12:36:50

i need help to stop my ex husband taking my son to Australia. I signed the papers years ago as then my son wanted to go. Now he is 14 and wants to stay at school, which he loves (worryingly for a teen) and with his friends, live with me. If my son goes to Australia he will be living with a step grandmother who hates him, a step mother who hits him and yet my ex will not support my son whenit comes to these issues. The ex is being very selfish. When my son and i told his father, he said,"what about all the money i spent and the visa", not bothered about what my son wanted. so how do i get the ex to let my son stay while he stiil emigrates to Australia with new wife and family, thats another story. I need help in where to get advice and help so that my son can stay in this country and finish school.

AMumInScotland Fri 14-Oct-11 16:35:48

Sorry not to be any actual help, but I think you'd be better off posting in the Legal section, and maybe giving it a title like "Custody issues and emigration", where it's more likely to be seen by people who know about this sort of issue. The fact that he's 14 probably makes a difference, as he has the right to have his opinions taken into account, but the problem isn't really about him being a teenager IYSWIM?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now