Talk

Advanced search

Can I do a 'whoohoooooo!!!'

(9 Posts)

DS1 (18) has a job!! A real full time job...as of today!

I posted only last week about how hard it has been to get him motivated.. and how little there is around. However in the space of a week he has been offered twosmile

One is full time for our local supermarket.. ok not exactly exciting but it's local (he doesn't drive yet) it's full time and there were loads of applicants so he was pretty lucky . The other is casual work for a local charity which provides after school care for disabled children.. only a few hours and he is hoping to fit it in with his work shifts as he has done a few hours and enjoyed it.

I am just really pleased for him, because it IS tough for those who aren't university material..and he will pay a small sum towards housekeeping which will help massivelysmilesmile

One teen down, 3 to go.......smile

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 13-Sep-11 18:16:03

Congrats to your DS!!
My DD also 18 is looking for a job too. Has been to several interviews but nothing yet.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 13-Sep-11 18:19:50

Oh, congratulations to your lad!

AuntieMonica Tue 13-Sep-11 18:26:26

excellent news!!

noddyholder Tue 13-Sep-11 18:27:10

Well done!

jobags Tue 13-Sep-11 20:45:12

Brilliant
Well done to your son and you.

mumeeee Tue 13-Sep-11 21:03:11

Well Done to you son and to you,

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 14-Sep-11 09:05:33

Congrats to your son. I am a 47 YO woman looking for a job. Any hours, any pay. So far, nowt.

fargate Thu 15-Sep-11 03:56:53

Great news for your son. And also for you.

It's even tougher for young people who haven't been to university which seems to get forgotten.

Good luck with your other DCs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now