Talk

Advanced search

Insuring TWO teenagers on one car

(10 Posts)
TeenageWildlife Mon 05-Sep-11 15:41:39

MY DD has been driving for 2 years and DS is just starting to learn. What is the cheapest way of insuring them both to drive the same car?

TeenageWildlife Mon 05-Sep-11 16:44:18

Just found out it is FREE to add him to my DD's insurance with Quinn whilst he is learning. Still wonder what best option after that is.

GardenersDelight Tue 06-Sep-11 14:42:24

interested if anyone has any ideas along same line. DD 1 is off to university without her car which is now being used by DD2 who is learning, what is the best way to insure them?

hellhasnofury Tue 06-Sep-11 14:52:09

We had two teens on our insurance for a while. DD was 18 when DS started learning to drive. DS has been the one who pushed the price sky high. I used lots of comparison sites to get the cheapest prices I could find then rang our insurers to see if they could match it which they did. This year we've gone with Aviva as they were offering 12 months for the price of 9. The kids are also both insured in their own rights in their own cars, DD is with Aviva but DS found Admiral offered him a better deal. It really is a matter of getting lots of quotes from as many companies as you can.

TeenageWildlife Tue 06-Sep-11 16:10:16

GardenersD In exactly your situation. It's cositing us about £1136 to insure the pair of them. This is DD's renewal quote with Quinn - she is off to Uni but stays insured as first driver with I think one year's NCD and then DS is added for FREE whilst he is provisional.

TeenageWildlife Tue 06-Sep-11 16:10:53

COSTING

GardenersDelight Tue 06-Sep-11 19:06:38

TW have you added you and DH cos that reduced the insurance by 200 last year! I'm concerned as DD1 will not be main driver anymore so may invalidate insurance

TeenageWildlife Tue 06-Sep-11 20:26:57

Well DH is ex-H so have not added him! and not added me as I thought this would up the cost? I did wonder about this today as I will probably drive the little car back from school etc in a few months when DS is having practice with me.

TeenageWildlife Tue 06-Sep-11 20:28:09

Md DD is also at Uni and the agent at Quinn that I spoke to knows this, he suggested keeping the insurance with her as named driver and him added for free.

GardenersDelight Wed 07-Sep-11 19:07:58

I know I couldnt belive when the price went down! Spose I'll just phone insurance co

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now