Talk

Advanced search

Boring, I know, but lunch boxes

(7 Posts)
SomekindofSpanish Thu 18-Aug-11 16:24:34

DNephew will be going into Yr7 in September, so technically not yet a teen, but as a present his mum suggested I buy him a lunch box/pack for school.

My DSs are younger and I have no idea what passes as cool for a teenage lunch box and I am assuming that most Yr7s want to be seen as cool as the older kids.

Any ideas, or do they all just take plastic tubs?

GnomeDePlume Fri 19-Aug-11 23:49:13

Sorry, my three all have plastic tubs!

They have their names written on them (the limit of our individualisation)

What about his school bag? DS (year 8) was quite particular this year. Why not take your DN out and allow him to choose?

cornsilx Fri 19-Aug-11 23:59:19

john lewis do some nice stuff here
bought this for my ds here
here
I don't like plastic tubs - they take up too much room in a very full school bag.

javo Sat 20-Aug-11 14:20:19

I have 3 teens and they all ditched the lunchbox in secondary school. At primary they had to have a box or bag as they put their lunch on a rack in the morning at the start but at secondary had to cart the box round all day so they only ever have their lunch in a plastic or paper bag and sometimes a cloth drawstring.

BluddyMoFo Sat 20-Aug-11 14:21:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BuckBuckMcFate Sat 20-Aug-11 14:26:01

Plastic tub. And more than one as they often get destroyed when the bag is thrown around. Or used as a substitute footballhmm

I second the bag suggestion. Although bags are often the only individuality that they have so it maybe worth taking him along.

Madlizzy Sat 20-Aug-11 14:28:00

Plastic bags in this house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now